New Everton Stadium

They can take bar staff to a pub though and show them how to pour a pint and make a martini. They can provide office equipment for someone to put in a bag and move into a new office. They can provide a virtual seat viewing system to allow people to choose their seats.

I’m not buying it takes 6 months to train some stewards.
Exactly, they don't want to do it. Hopefully new owners think differently

IMO we should be playing games in BM as soon as we can, totally unacceptable decision from the club and obviously taking the easy option. Problem is there's no leadership, C Chong is basically keeping the ship afloat.
To leave a new built stadium, unused for 1st games for 8+ plus months is ridiculous.
Not to mention the strain it will have on our finances
Some people are completely determined that it doesn't make sense to move mid-season. Don't really understand it myself. I can't wait to get in there. There will inevitably be some people who pass away and never end up getting there in the 8 month delay too.

yup, I would imagine they were looking at the cost benefit of each seat.
The least profitable seats are the most expensive to build in this case.

Indeed. And the cost of those extra 7000 ish seats was mad, compared to the return. Its a personal view, but I prefer we paid the £150m or whatever it was to fill the dock in, rather than spending that on 7000 more seats in a Kirkby type effort.

No way is there going to be 16-17k new STH. Add that to what we have now, roughly 32k isn’t it? That leaves about 2k general admission tickets and away fans.

It’s not financially sound to do that as the cost of a season ticket is way cheaper than buying 19 individual home games. They’ll want as many full price seats available as possible.

I reckon there’ll be an uplift of 5k new STH.

So, today's latest is that the new place will be ready in spring 2025, not Christmas 2024? If that's the case, I agree, no point in moving for 2/3 games around April time. Leave it until 25/26 season. And I'm one of those as keen to move as soon as soon as possible.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back