New Everton Stadium

Talking of the work that is to be carried out at Sandhills to increase the marshalling area, I wonder if that is one of the main reasons we're not moving in until August next year instead of late winter/spring? Surely, the work will be finished by then?

The great thing is with this is most people will probably just walk into town after wards and have a beer or whatever and then get a train home later I imagine. I get it will be busy and stuff but let’s have it right, everywhere is after a match day anywhere really.
For Saturday 3pm games yes.

But in an ideal world we are playing in Europe and playing midweek and Sundays.

You make a good point. Regards Soccerbuses, the most obvious route is one from the Rotunda down the hill to the new ground. It would be popular with fans whose normal bus route stops heading north and south on 3 main routes into and out of the city. The roads being Stanley Road, Scotland Road and Great Homer Street. I did a count of the number of bus routes that stop nearby a while back. I can't remember the exact number but it was over 20. It would cut out a 15 minute walk and would save you a soaking when the weather is bad. They should have them lining up and make them free. Same on the way back. The bus stop I have in mind is located on Boundary Street, between Stanley Road and Scotland Road.
The switch to BMD also makes it far more difficult for anyone who would get a bus along Queens Drive. Now they'll need to probably get 2 buses or a bus into centre of town with a long walk.

The switch to BMD also makes it far more difficult for anyone who would get a bus along Queens Drive. Now they'll need to probably get 2 buses or a bus into centre of town with a long walk.
Absolutely. There will be winners and losers in the bus route lottery, that is for sure. Anyone living directly north east of the city centre will probably be a bit worse off but for anybody who lives directly north there are more routes to the new place than there are currently to Goodison Park. That's why the powers that be need to be careful where to put the Soccerbuses. Where would be a good place on Queen's Drive for one to pick up and drop off? Maybe by the fly over near to Walton church?

Everyone will have a different take. For fans coming from outside Liverpool, be it Wirral (my birthplace) or (my current home) London I don’t think it will make much difference having visited the site from both locations. If anything BMD is more accessible from some Wirral locations by tunnel bus/rail then walk/rail. Goodison was either a cab, bus and walk or train and walk from Lime St and so is BMD. Personally I will avoid Sandhills like the plague post game, at least initially.

Everyone will have a different take. For fans coming from outside Liverpool, be it Wirral (my birthplace) or (my current home) London I don’t think it will make much difference having visited the site from both locations. If anything BMD is more accessible from some Wirral locations by tunnel bus/rail then walk/rail. Goodison was either a cab, bus and walk or train and walk from Lime St and so is BMD. Personally I will avoid Sandhills like the plague post game, at least initially.

My routine will likely be getting on at Moorfields and carrying on along the Northern Line, in the hope that there will be enough space on the train.
I drive currently, but would love to be able to jib that off when we move. Ideally some form of rail ticket reduction with a match ticket/season ticket will be offered, even if just on Merseyrail.

Absolutely. There will be winners and losers in the bus route lottery, that is for sure. Anyone living directly north east of the city centre will probably be a bit worse off but for anybody who lives directly north there are more routes to the new place than there are currently to Goodison Park. That's why the powers that be need to be careful where to put the Soccerbuses. Where would be a good place on Queen's Drive for one to pick up and drop off? Maybe by the fly over near to Walton church?

I could be wrong here, but I'm wondering if the soccerbus would be best just moving from Sandhills to Kirkdale?

Another good idea might be the two stations right next to each other, Walton and Rice Lane, that serve the Ormskirk and Kirkby lines respectively.

My routine will likely be getting on at Moorfields and carrying on along the Northern Line, in the hope that there will be enough space on the train.
I drive currently, but would love to be able to jib that off when we move. Ideally some form of rail ticket reduction with a match ticket/season ticket will be offered, even if just on Merseyrail.

If it's not too much hassle Jacko, when travelling north from town on the train, I'd always opt for Central before Moorfields. when expecting it to be busy.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back