New Everton Stadium

Agree and the noise was immense. However watching it on satellite later and its very noticeable that the noise doesnt transfer very well onto tv.

Down to the TV crews not wanting to get their commentary drowned out with the noise mate, same can be heard if you watch most sports really, Seattle Seahawks being the biggest case i can remember - that loud they actually caused a minor earthquake yet on tv it didn't seem that loud in their ground

I'd have thought any decent sound technician could deal with both a loud crowd and the need for commentators to be heard without muffling the crowd noise.

Taking it out of the context of all of the additional development that would have had to be done, a new stadium for 80ish million for an extra 6 million a year is what, a 13-14 year payoff? That'd only be a fraction of the life of the stadium.

Also can probably assume that it would have lower maintenance costs than the Old Lady.

Deloitte had serious concerns we could have afforded to pay that amount, we could not manage to scrape together the 30 million for the Kings Dock even though our chairman said it was ringfenced.

Remember, that 6 million was based on us selling out every game. The stadium was getting done on the cheap so the likes of Pip Green and Robert Earl could get a massive return on there initial investment. They are not concerned about the longterm future of Everton, we would have been lumbered with this cheap stadium for generations.

Goodison park was one of the worlds first purpose built stadiums for football, it has through out her history been a innovator for other stadia to copy. I can't accept that we would copy the likes of Pride Park and the Ricoh Arena with this Kirkby design.

Deloitte had serious concerns we could have afforded to pay that amount, we could not manage to scrape together the 30 million for the Kings Dock even though our chairman said it was ringfenced.

Remember, that 6 million was based on us selling out every game. The stadium was getting done on the cheap so the likes of Pip Green and Robert Earl could get a massive return on there initial investment. They are not concerned about the longterm future of Everton, we would have been lumbered with this cheap stadium for generations.

Goodison park was one of the worlds first purpose built stadiums for football, it has through out her history been a innovator for other stadia to copy. I can't accept that we would copy the likes of Pride Park and the Ricoh Arena with this Kirkby design.

From memory we were tied into the Tesco tenancy terms for a minimum of 25 years.

WHAT ABOUT US GATE CRASHIN' THE TOP 4 AND GETTING EUROPE ON THE REGULAR EH WHAT THEN.

(Basically, I got nothin')

I'd have thought any decent sound technician could deal with both a loud crowd and the need for commentators to be heard without muffling the crowd noise.

They should really i would think, but think it maybe depends on the network televising, certainly seem some games in Spain that the noise transmitted from he crowd very very impressively, probably too real for the boys at sky and the American networks though

I'm honestly guessing as for the reasons why the sound doesn't transmit very well, i know in US sport it doesn't but they have a sideline reporter who they switch to at certain parts of the game for brief 30 second sections that gives you at least a glimpse into what the noise is like

WHAT ABOUT US GATE CRASHIN' THE TOP 4 AND GETTING EUROPE ON THE REGULAR EH WHAT THEN.

(Basically, I got nothin')

We could make the first helistadium ever, how boss would that be!!!

avengers-helicarrier2-schroeder-570x316.jpg

Taking it out of the context of all of the additional development that would have had to be done, a new stadium for 80ish million for an extra 6 million a year is what, a 13-14 year payoff? That'd only be a fraction of the life of the stadium.

Also can probably assume that it would have lower maintenance costs than the Old Lady.

Have not seen any prices quoted, but thinking this is a low estimate

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back