New Everton Stadium

It'll be the new badge fiasco all over again. They'll announce a stadium design nobody likes in a location nobody wants and will then have to backtrack and let the fans propose some designs and locations we can all vote on.

Can't say I know Liverpool as a city well but surely. A 45-50k seater modern stadium would be achieve able at around 120 mil? Just nick the design plans for portos stadium it's gorgeous

800px-Est%C3%A1dio_do_Drag%C3%A3o_%288468978586%29.jpg

50k+ capacity, 98m Euros, a bargain tbh

Think the Estadio do Dragao cost 98m euros mate so about 85-90m quid for a 50,400 capacity ground
Should be looking to replicate that 90 mil on our budget is a drop in the ocean long term. Oh whilst your at it send the stadia designers/ budget incorporators to Perth. Our new multi use stadium is going to cost £650 million pounds ....

Should be looking to replicate that 90 mil on our budget is a drop in the ocean long term. Oh whilst your at it send the stadia designers/ budget incorporators to Perth. Our new multi use stadium is going to cost £650 million pounds ....

Mate Porto's ground i was in 2 years ago, bloody amazing ground and feels like a proper footy stadium still, even offset a lot of the costs by selling naming rights to two of their stands, to i think coke and super bock

Nice touch about the ground as well is they have a wall with a tile for each seat in the ground with the names of the very first person to sit in those seats for the opening game

The away changies are boss as well, just wall to wall pictures of porto success lifting trophies, pictures of the crowd going nuts etc, really intimidating to any opponent and no shock was introduced by Mourinho

Comes as no surprise to me,hence the Brian Reade article posted on here yesterday calling for a re-development of Goodison.
It didn't escape my attention that when the RS where planning to move to a new stadium on stanley park there wasn't a peep out of him appealing for our loveable neighbours to remain at Anfield. Hmm the mind boggles.
A brown field site within the city will be the most cost effective way forward. For reasons I've stated on many occasion on this very forum.

50k initially but with scope to expand is big enough IMO. I mean lets be honest, at the moment we're a third tier club on the European scale.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back