New Everton Stadium

The only turnstiles on the North side are for away fans - there's plenty on the other 3 sides for home fans.
I've read this before. So if you're an Evertonian and your seat is in the North Strand, where are your turnstiles? Also, is it right that you can walk virtually right round the stadium concourse apart from the away fans section?

Attachments

• Q anne.webp
    Q anne.webp
    5.5 KB · Views: 8

If we look at the South East corner where it's still semi uncovered, you can see the framing that is different to all other ribs (two smaller ones) that divides the South stand from the East to allow them to move independently, the gap runs over the roof too:

View attachment 259325

I can't say for sure they will try to mask these up, I doubt they would be too visible at ground level though.

These things are common along large expanses of steelwork and generally you don't notice. For instance Titanic's superstructure had two such gaps.
No surprise it sank then FFS

I've read this before. So if you're an Evertonian and your seat is in the North Strand, where are your turnstiles? Also, is it right that you can walk virtually right round the stadium concourse apart from the away fans section?

The four corners give access to side stands. Although there are more turnstiles in the South too.

Think access for the North Stand for home supporters via the west stand towards the North end side. Not 100% certain though

Home fans will access North Stand from East & West Stand sides. Away fans will have no ground floor concourse - when they enter they will go straight up stairs to 1st floor level and will then access bowl from vomitories on that level. If you look at drone footage of the away end all the entrances for upper and lower level of lower tier away end are at 1st floor level.

Home fans will access North Stand from East & West Stand sides. Away fans will have no ground floor concourse - when they enter they will go straight up stairs to 1st floor level and will then access bowl from vomitories on that level. If you look at drone footage of the away end all the entrances for upper and lower level of lower tier away end are at 1st floor level.
How are they gonna split that section for Fulham/Bournemouth etc to allow us to take the remainder? I'm sure they have it planned out but hard to work out from what we can see from pitch side.

If we look at the South East corner where it's still semi uncovered, you can see the framing that is different to all other ribs (two smaller ones) that divides the South stand from the East to allow them to move independently, the gap runs over the roof too:

View attachment 259325

I can't say for sure they will try to mask these up, I doubt they would be too visible at ground level though.

These things are common along large expanses of steelwork and generally you don't notice. For instance Titanic's superstructure had two such gaps.
Maybe to do with the fact that the two end stands are steel structures but the sides are concrete? I'm sure somebody with structural engineering knowledge will have the answer.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back