New Everton Stadium

I thought this sounded strange.

The club are working with Sefton Council to set up a match day event hub catering to 3,000 people at a location near Bootle Strand as a way of using the transport and parking facilities in Bootle.

That's about a mile and a half from the new stadium. I understand the park and ride side of this, but I'd have thought events like this so close to the stadium would represent too much competition for the club and its own match day events?

The club are working with Sefton Council to set up a match day event hub catering to 3,000 people at a location near Bootle Strand as a way of using the transport and parking facilities in Bootle.

That's about a mile and a half from the new stadium. I understand the park and ride side of this, but I'd have thought events like this so close to the stadium would represent too much competition for the club and its own match day events?

The only way the club should be working with Sefton council is by facilitating the complete destruction of Bootle strand by dropping a Hydrogen bomb right on top of the Card Factory.

First time back there today in 2 years. Incredible.
1000014683.jpg
1000014684.jpg
1000014686.jpg

The more I watch these drone videos and see the beautiful stadium taking shape, the more I realise just what an absolute stunner she is.

I know there are differing opinions and everyone has their own style preferences. Most of us would have liked the stadium to have had a slightly bigger capacity. But looking at the recently extended Anfield and comparing the two, I know which one I like more even accounting for my blue tinted specs. Some comparisons below...

View attachment 259405
Ours

View attachment 259406
Theirs

View attachment 259407
Ours

View attachment 259408
Theirs

View attachment 259409
Ours

View attachment 259410
Theirs

View attachment 259411
Ours

View attachment 259412
Theirs

Some subtle aesthetic differences, but I'm sure you'll agree that BMD probably just shades it 😉
Do you have a stadium advantage account !

There was talk of getting water taxis up and running along the canal, it could be linked with that (whether they woukd get much use is up for debate mind). A fair bit of investment is going into improving the canal and rebuilding the strand. The new Salt & Tar venue could have 'water taxis' dropping off right outside, must hold around 3k

There was talk of getting water taxis up and running along the canal, it could be linked with that (whether they woukd get much use is up for debate mind). A fair bit of investment is going into improving the canal and rebuilding the strand. The new Salt & Tar venue could have 'water taxis' dropping off right outside, must hold around 3k
Water taxis sounds James Bond-ish. ;)

Think Luke empties the contents of his drinks cabinet before he does his narration. Must be in line for some awards the amount of actual bullshit he waffles.
Love the quirky intro music though.
I sometimes think he gets Darren Farley to do his voiceover. A bit like when he does Slippy G.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back