New Everton Stadium

Whats the score with the site at Goodison?

With the plans of us transforming that into some sort of community hub, does it not make sense to sell the site to another company/EITC or something for a good few million to help with PSR?

I wonder if the new owners (whoever they may be) will revisit the decision as to what legacy GP leaves behind? I'd still love there to be some kind of a football presence. Even pitches for kids' football etc

I didn't mind the stadium, to be fair. Like most people I was against the location. Too far from the city centre. Likewise, I would have been against somewhere like Croxteth for the same reason.
It was billed as being like the Koln RhinEnergie Stadion.

The trouble was it was being built by Barr...it would have been disastrous and low quality.

Watching the Euro's the stadiums in Germany all seem to be far bigger than ours. Is ours really smaller or just an illusion? They made ours smaller after the Unesco WH kicked up a fuss, yet everyone that goes there to view the stadium are super impressed. Even just looking here internally, doesn't look anywhere the size of them in the Euro's

Watching the Euro's the stadiums in Germany all seem to be far bigger than ours. Is ours really smaller or just an illusion? They made ours smaller after the Unesco WH kicked up a fuss, yet everyone that goes there to view the stadium are super impressed. Even just looking here internally, doesn't look anywhere the size of them in the Euro's
Of the 10 Venues for these Euros, 4 are bigger than BMD.

So I guess its just an illusion.

A full Stadium will always look bigger than an empty Stadium.

It’s an illusion.

BMD looks much, much bigger in person.

The back row of BMD is higher than the Galatasaray stadium though you wouldn’t thinks so looking at the videos thus far.

Attachments

• IMG_6334.webp
    IMG_6334.webp
    346.6 KB · Views: 6

Some pretty impressive views there around 3:57 and 4:47 of the steepness of the stands.
It looks comparable to most of the stadia in the Euros, and nicer than most of them.

Bear in mind that 52k capacity is pretty mid-ranking as far as new club stadia go, for a club of our profile. It looks like it will be an intimate and intimidating arena, the stadium that seems most similar for me is Galatasaray's.

Most people seem to think we could have stretched the capacity out and I agree but with the so-called funding model that was in place, it may not have been built at all then.

Being honest, I think the actual stadium design for me isn't spectacular but again - its driven by budget. Very nice and more than acceptable but I wasn't bowled over by it. That's fine. The overall package - the stadium, the location, the east and west plazas, and the renovated hydraulic tower, it all adds up to something much greater than the sum of its individual parts, with none of those parts being a weakness on their own either.

When its complete, either on a beautiful sunny afternoon or for an evening kickoff, it will be amazing I think. It's something we can all be proud of.

The three sides of BM is practically the same last row height as the RS new stand (so discounting the roof of both). Not many would call that a small stand!

Obviously less rows in ours due to the steep rake and then other stadiums might look bigger due to the angular shape of BM. For instance imho Dortmund's stadium doesn't look that big to some of the more curved stadia, however we know capacity wise it is.

It crossed my mind looking at these stadiums they look bigger and more fitting for an internation tornament, and we know ous is more intimate. I overlooked the fact we will be hosting in Euro 28.

The three sides of BM is practically the same last row height as the RS new stand (so discounting the roof of both). Not many would call that a small stand!

Obviously less rows in ours due to the steep rake and then other stadiums might look bigger due to the angular shape of BM. For instance imho Dortmund's stadium doesn't look that big to some of the more curved stadia, however we know capacity wise it is.
I’m not sure the back rows of BMD are the same (or very close) as the back row of the RS new stand?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back