New Everton Stadium

Aside from the water treatment plant next door...the existence of which probably aided in reducing the overall acquisition cost of the site...this new development already smacks of history in the making as well as an acknowledgement of it and the docks former history eg. the water tower, external walls and rail tracks. It's a beauty, for sure.
Btw, would love a small statue somewhere of Eddie Kavanagh on the pitch at Wembley 1966 and the copper trying to grab his jacket. Funny, I know, and whilst pitch invasions are inappropriate those are the characters who have contributed to our history and set our Club aside from every other. It was one little iconic episode in our history and we should be able to laugh at ourselves as well as acknowledge the serious side.

Meant also to say another Everton 'first' where a fan invaded the Wembley turf notwithstanding the White Horse final in the 1920's which was down purely to overcrowding

Last edited:

Bike racks, the detail is amazing really, with the Archibald Leitch design engraved into them, what more can Dave wish for. :)

Could not do without the drone videos and I'm so grateful to the lads that keep us going with them - but I love these ground-level videos the club does.

I only wish they were longer and more regular!

As others have mentioned, a lot of it will have come down to the economics of it... The cost to install the final 10,000 seats is greater than the cost to install the first 10,000, but they will also be sold cheaper as they'll be further away from the pitch... So the numbers don't stack up.

The average attendance at Goodison last season was around 39000. If we (and I'm sure we will) sell out the new ground every week, you're talking an average attendance of maybe 51000 (got to assume away fans won't sell out every week). That's a 12000 jump, or a 30% increase on GP. These are significant numbers.
I am not recommending this but surely all you have to do is limit the number of season tickets, have the "worst" seats as season tickets, keep the best seats in the East Stand to sell at a premium price on a match by match basis. Then all sell

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back