New Everton Stadium

Pitch doesn't fit

KNOCK IT DOWN!!
Have to fight me first...

the-wizard-of-oz-wizard-of-oz.gif

One surprise to me from Mr Drone inside stadium video was that the Hydraulic tower was handed over to the club last December in complete form.

It’s internally empty and the club, as yet, have no plans what they will use it for. With the arrival of the new owners, an injection of new commercial leaders will hopefully shake out some firm plans over the coming months and a fit out can start there too.

Watching all the footage of the drone lads on their stadium tours brings me to one conclusion.

ANY Evertonian says they're not impressed, excited or desperate to get in there and soak it all in are lying to themselves.
Look at it...
View attachment 263495
It's beautiful
It's huge
It's classy
It's imposing
It's 'kin magnificent and it's ours.

Never thought it would happen after all the hopes, dreams, anger and heartbreak over past move failures but this feels like it was all worth it.

Up the fluffin Bramley Moore toffees 💙💙💙

Almost every morning on my way into work I’ll pop into Home and Bargain; the best part of the day is turning right out the car park and onto regent road and just seeing that beast just sitting there.

I hope the club work with the council and coat the entire area with street banners, flags, murals.

I think behind that metallic exterior it’s a complete mess, so was needed. Already seen pics and vids of the narrow and cramped concourses for most of the fans.

They’ve used a current structure to look like the OTT American stadiums with the lapping screens and stuff. Doesn’t solve the internal issues. Same as at the RS extending outraging stands.

I've been the Bernabeu several times over the past 40yrs. It's on a completely different level. The futuristic facade might not be to everyone's taste, but the stadium bowl dwarfs BMD and is absolutely breathtaking tbh. There are some fairly cramped access walkways in places, but they lead to some of the main concourses, some of which have been enlarged and there are several levels of them, meaning most of the upper tiers are well catered for. The whole lower tier has been remodelled and a new upper tier has been added on one side with even more corporate. The first time I went, there was over 100k so by comparison, circulation seemed fairly comfortable last time. I think there are almost 250 box-suites. Over 80k capacity, closing roof, a pitch that buries itself for full year round flexibility. They've been having concerts there for over 40yrs and have said they'll resolve the recent Taylor Swift sound polution issues.

I've been the Bernabeu several times over the past 40yrs. It's on a completely different level. The futuristic facade might not be to everyone's taste, but the stadium bowl dwarfs BMD and is absolutely breathtaking tbh. There are some fairly cramped access walkways in places, but they lead to some of the main concourses, some of which have been enlarged and there are several levels of them, meaning most of the upper tiers are well catered for. The whole lower tier has been remodelled and a new upper tier has been added on one side with even more corporate. The first time I went, there was over 100k so by comparison, circulation seemed fairly comfortable last time. I think there are almost 250 box-suites. Over 80k capacity, closing roof, a pitch that buries itself for full year round flexibility. They've been having concerts there for over 40yrs and have said they'll resolve the recent Taylor Swift sound polution issues.
I last went around 10 years ago and the roof was leaking Old Trafford style. Poncho's required.

Almost every morning on my way into work I’ll pop into Home and Bargain; the best part of the day is turning right out the car park and onto regent road and just seeing that beast just sitting there.

I hope the club work with the council and coat the entire area with street banners, flags, murals.
Do the same whenever I can. Love this view...
Screenshot_20240706_100527_Photos.webp

I last went around 10 years ago and the roof was leaking Old Trafford style. Poncho's required.

I think it's only rained a couple of times for my visits. The first time, there wasn't even a roof on one side and the other didn't fully cover those sides either. That's been fully replaced now, and when the roof is closed no-one gets wet in the whole stadium.

Given that our high roof only barely covers the front rows, ponchos will probably be required at BMD for the front few rows too. We shouldn't get the old trafford style water-fall deluges, but heavy rain will leave some front sections exposed. Bilbao is a very similar set up to BMD, and they had to extend their roof to provide better coverage.

One surprise to me from Mr Drone inside stadium video was that the Hydraulic tower was handed over to the club last December in complete form.

It’s internally empty and the club, as yet, have no plans what they will use it for. With the arrival of the new owners, an injection of new commercial leaders will hopefully shake out some firm plans over the coming months and a fit out can start there too.

A Roma Museum!

Heard Freidkin was looking at getting a Whataburger or El Taco Tote franchise in there.
This might be completely made up.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back