New Everton Stadium

One surprise to me from Mr Drone inside stadium video was that the Hydraulic tower was handed over to the club last December in complete form.

It’s internally empty and the club, as yet, have no plans what they will use it for. With the arrival of the new owners, an injection of new commercial leaders will hopefully shake out some firm plans over the coming months and a fit out can start there too.
I’d imagine the site access and H&S restrictions would limit who / what could be done there currently to be fair.

I might cry the first time I hear it.
NEA.
I think many of us will shed a tear Tommy.
I know I will when I get to see my old fella’s stone on the Everton Way.
I don’t have a season ticket anymore, but I can’t get enough of watching the drone videos. Many thanks to the guys who have brought this stadium build into our homes. I don’t live in the area now, but I’ve managed to get down there about 6 times, and I met a few of the drone guys there, Mr Drone, Baz and Paul Frost, so was able to thank them in person for all their efforts!

But that’s down to the funding being too casually arranged by Moshiri pre-Ukraine war.

In terms of the build, it’s been incredibly smooth.

I think the fact is, the funding wasn't "arranged" at all. Starting a process which left us hamstrung and almost relegated twice, and Moshiri having to go cap in hand to loan sharks, ultimately having to walk away half a billon pounds plus down before it's even finished.

His loss being our gain... hopefully.

It nearly bankrupt us.
I understand why fans mention this, but had we not done it, things may have been marginally rosier on the pitch over the last 3 years but how long do we really think we could survive in the PL at Goodison? BMD stadium is a huge investment but in my mind it's the poor transfer policy, managerial appointments and leadership that really hurt us. We have to generate more revenue to bridge the gap, and certainly before it's too late. We all love Goodison, but she was never going to do that and I think sooner or later we'd have ended up in the bottom 3 and EFL.

Almost every morning on my way into work I’ll pop into Home and Bargain; the best part of the day is turning right out the car park and onto regent road and just seeing that beast just sitting there.

I hope the club work with the council and coat the entire area with street banners, flags, murals.

I'm sure they will. Boundary Street from the Rotunda downwards decked out with blue banners on the lamp posts would look superb as an approach to the ground. Needs to be maintained and litter free, too.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back