New Everton Stadium

Like I say I work on Old Hall street and wall to the 10 streets every day. Moorfields is 30 mins on a good day from BMD, so for older people or people with kids your talking longer and then from queen square or Lime street were busses stop it can be 45 mins to an hour easy.

People will find this out once we move.

Have to disagree mate. It takes me about 12 mins to get from Kirkdale to Goodison, that's 0.7 miles, so 1.2 miles is not taking me 30 minutes.

Not everybody has to walk it though. There will be alternatives. Buses to Scotland rd, Stanley Rd, Commercial Rd, Vauxhall Rd. Trains to Sandhills. Soccerbuses, Taxis.

Great Homer Street has ample provision for a bus service or two also, it's had an-off schedule of buses over the years, and I wouldn't be surprised if some services tweaked their route out of/in to town to bring them stops back into more regular use.

Here you go mate. Thats according to google maps. Thats not taking into account getting from train to ground or from bramley moore pub to seat. Not being pedantic but i walk that way every day and know how long it takes

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240907_214148_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20240907_214148_Maps.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 1
Here you go mate. Thats according to google maps. Thats not taking into account getting from train to ground or from bramley moore pub to seat. Not being pedantic but i walk that way every day and know how long it takes
Think there’s no disputing it will take some people that long, but any walking time estimate from google or Apple Maps I’ve ever used, I’ve found to be pretty pessimistic, that’s to say I personally tend to find it takes significantly less time.

Yeah, like I said, it's 1.2 miles from Old Hall Street. That's showing 1.4 miles, and If I'm not mistaken, it's from Dale Street? This is the route I would take, and it won't take me the 26 mins Google Maps says it will. Obviously some people might take longer, but as I've said, not everybody will absolute;y have to walk that distance.

Untitled123.png

Have any locals heard of whether parking restrictions in the form of permit only spaces will be removed once we leave Goodison?
Likely stay in place. Traffic Wardens don't tend to be out as much, as they where a few years ago, but they do patrol in Walton when Liverpool are at home aswell so can't see the permits stopping.

Like I say I work on Old Hall street and wall to the 10 streets every day. Moorfields is 30 mins on a good day from BMD, so for older people or people with kids your talking longer and then from queen square or Lime street were busses stop it can be 45 mins to an hour easy.

Yes and no. You are right about the time it takes but people won't have to walk. There will be Soccerbuses. It won't be a problem. It really won't.

Yes and no. You are right about the time it takes but people won't have to walk. There will be Soccerbuses. It won't be a problem. It really won't.

Have any locals heard of whether parking restrictions in the form of permit only spaces will be removed once we leave Goodison?
Residents only restrictions seem to fan out quite a way in my experience, so presumably many of them are for match days both when Everton are at home and when Liverpool are at home.

I guess it’s likely the situation will remain unchanged for many of them?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back