New Everton Stadium

I’m from Norris Green, dead easy for me to get to GP, but you know what, I’ll adapt, I’ll get a bus into town, I’ll then get a soccer bus, taxi or maybe even walk from town, I’ll experience new pre & post watering holes.
I can’t wait to do it differently, it’s going to be amazing

I'm hoping the area around Old Hall Street becomes a hub of sorts. I have no idea if the Old Hall Street entrance will be used at match times, but it seems a blindingly obvious decision to me. That area would be absolutely amazing pre-match, and would be a massive economic boost to that part of town. That area between Old Hall Street and the main Moorfields entrance is also likely to be where any soccer bus operates from, imo. I also think the James Street area will be another informal 'blue hub; for those coming over from the Wirral.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, all I was trying to say was that I'll be staying on the train into town as opposed to getting off at Sandhills. :)

I’m from Norris Green, dead easy for me to get to GP, but you know what, I’ll adapt, I’ll get a bus into town, I’ll then get a soccer bus, taxi or maybe even walk from town, I’ll experience new pre & post watering holes.
Spot on Baz
Don't get anyone from anywhere in the city complaining about the New grounds location. It's as good as or better than accessing most parts of the city in peak hours.
Just head for town , wether it's by train ,bus or own transport. Chance to meet up with mates over a beer or 2.

It's a short stroll from Moorfields or the Pier head. And what a walk up btw.

Don't get the moaning me.

Thats good for you and that suits you but with 3 young kids to worry about adding an extra hour on to travel times or having to get the mrs to drive further for lifts isnt great. Not a problem for others but it is for some and like ive said if the ground was amazing and didnt nearly end us it would be worth it. But its not. Nothing will change when we move we will be trying to pay it off for the foreseeable future.
I was asked a question why the location wasnt great and I answered my opinion.
Kings Dock location was great. This one not as much.
I am excited to move we need it. I just dont like all the overboard stuff that kopites do when everything is the best in the world just be realistic and acting like Goodison is the issue and the worst thing ever. The reason weve been a mess for the last 4 years is this ground and trying to pay for it not Goodison.

Get the train to Sandhills, about a five to ten minute walk from there

You might wanna leave a little earlier first game mate or you wont get it until nearly half time. Its at least 20 mins from Sandhills.
I work on old hall street and park down by the 10 streets and thats a 10/15 min walk. BMD and Sandhills are both an extra 5 minutes each way at least on top of that

You might wanna leave a little earlier first game mate or you wont get it until nearly half time. Its at least 20 mins from Sandhills.
I work on old hall street and park down by the 10 streets and thats a 10/15 min walk. BMD and Sandhills are both an extra 5 minutes each way at least on top of that

It's 0.7 miles from Sandhills to BMD. Exactly the same distance as Kirkdale to Goodison. It's mot a 20 minute walk.

Sorry lad getting mixed up with Moorfields

Fair enough. It's 1.2 miles from BMD to the Old Hall Street entrance of Moorfields., so 15-20 mins for most people. Knowing the right way to go on foot will also help in the walk from town, getting over to the Dock Rd before passing Costco, or even before passing the King Edward Industrial estate makes it a quicker and easier walk than marching up Great Homer Street.

No doubt people will learn the best routes as time passes.

Fair enough. It's 1.2 miles from BMD to the Old Hall Street entrance of Moorfields., so 15-20 mins for most people. Knowing the right way to go on foot will also help in the walk from town, getting over to the Dock Rd before passing Costco, or even before passing the King Edward Industrial estate makes it a quicker and easier walk than marching up Great Homer Street.

No doubt people will learn the best routes as time passes.

Like I say I work on Old Hall street and wall to the 10 streets every day. Moorfields is 30 mins on a good day from BMD, so for older people or people with kids your talking longer and then from queen square or Lime street were busses stop it can be 45 mins to an hour easy.

People will find this out once we move.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back