New Everton Stadium

View attachment 272451
View attachment 272452

Was looking magnificent in the sunshine on Friday.

Just to add to the great walking debate...took me 25 mins from leaving BMD to sitting with a pint in Rigby's. Lovely walk in the summer, I'd imagine not so much in the winter / night games.

Loads of places will pop up in the ten streets which will break up the walk.

Oh and no smell from the pop factory which was a bonus! Pretty bleak when you head out that way though...I imagine that's the way the away fans coaches etc will park up.
According to a video Mr drone put together the away fan coaches will be parked around Bankhall street area

See those hilarious reds & barcodes on Twitter have started with this seriously un-funny 'looks like a big Tesco' shout :lol: :coffee:
They haven't moved on from their jibes about Kirkby, which in fairness was a big Tesco.

I think the fact they can't come up with something new shows there's nothing you can reasonably say to ridicule this ground. It looks amazing.

See those hilarious reds & barcodes on Twitter have started with this seriously un-funny 'looks like a big Tesco' shout :lol: :coffee:
Thing is, it looks so far removed from those type of stadium developments, it doesn’t even make for a 1/2 decent wind up.
Least that dump actually looks like a giant stapler / hole punch.

I always have to remind myself, that these people are not real.

Nobody has those opinions when you see them in real life, every single real person thinkss its ace.

What I find even more strange is the online blues that also do the same as reds, but then again....they are also not real.

26 minutes Google walking translates directly to 15-17 minutes for a moderately normal time healthy walk. And I'm an overweight unfit in his later 50s😂
I've always found Google accurate. The new stadium is a minimum 25 minutes normal walking distance from anything that you would currently call "town". This 10/15 minutes stuff is for the birds.

Thing is, it looks so far removed from those type of stadium developments, it doesn’t even make for a 1/2 decent wind up.
Least that dump actually looks like a giant stapler / hole punch.

Seen one the other day ( from a kopite )

"Not just because it's everton, but that stadium is crap ( or something similar )"

Yer mate, sure it's not because it's everton. Wall pushing wools

I've always found Google accurate. The new stadium is a minimum 25 minutes normal walking distance from anything that you would currently call "town". This 10/15 minutes stuff is for the birds.
Nobody has claimed it can be done in 10-15 minutes, have they?

I've maintained that it's 1.2 miles from Old Hall Street. We'll call it 1.3 to include getting out of the station. I'm more than confident it will take me between 15-20 minutes.

I mean, I'll be staying on the train past Sandhills, so I'm not gonna get off and head straight to the ground anyway, anybody who struggles to walk at a decent pace can get closer to the ground than Town.

Put it this way, i regularly walk, with my 5' 4' son from Seaforth/Litherland to Marine FC and that only takes us 35 mins.

Mind if I ask what way you walked Doc?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back