Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

Are you seriously complaining about the number of disabled areas in the new stadium just to get a few hundred more seats? My god. How selfish and disgusting
Not at all, I'm just suggesting that there's a low cost way of increasing capacity if the disabled access demand is less than the supply. And was wondering what capacity increase that would facilitate.

Seems a bit overkill on the number of seats and locations.
They cater for people with all kinds of disabilities when putting in these areas. Some people may be able to move with a walking frame and may not need that much space but there are also folks that need to have a large wheelchair to get around that needs the space thats provided. Gone are the days when you just cleared an area in font of the Bullens road open to the worst of the weather and with a terrible view of the game.

Not at all, I'm just suggesting that there's a low cost way of increasing capacity if the disabled access demand is less than the supply. And was wondering what capacity increase that would facilitate.
Quite honestly the demand is there just like it is for any other fan. Plus there are legal requirements for the spaces and capacity. There has to be a certain percentage in law which is why you saw Goodison having to be upgraded. Didn't see anyone complaining about loosing seats then.

Quite honestly the demand is there just like it is for any other fan. Plus there are legal requirements for the spaces and capacity. There has to be a certain percentage in law which is why you saw Goodison having to be upgraded. Didn't see anyone complaining about loosing seats then.
Once again, I'm not complaining. And nor is anyone else. I think its great that the stadium is so inclusive and has disabled access all around the stadium. Its just a question on if the demand is sufficient for the supply and if not can those areas be readily converted?

I've not seen anyone "complaining" @WelshBlue92 only asked a couple of questions 🤷‍♂️

I am quite honestly shocked and disgusted at the attitude of "blues" towards disabled evertonians. You need to take a long hard look at yourself laughing at my comments about disabled fans.

@tr_efc @anton66 I'm looking at you.

🤷‍♂️ isn't this abit OTT? Perhaps that was why people were "laughing" at your comments? As it was melodramatic

Its a discussion. He's asking questions. Nothing more 👇
Once again, I'm not complaining. And nor is anyone else. I think its great that the stadium is so inclusive and has disabled access all around the stadium. Its just a question on if the demand is sufficient for the supply and if not can those areas be readily converted?

They cater for people with all kinds of disabilities when putting in these areas. Some people may be able to move with a walking frame and may not need that much space but there are also folks that need to have a large wheelchair to get around that needs the space thats provided. Gone are the days when you just cleared an area in font of the Bullens road open to the worst of the weather and with a terrible view of the game.

And rightly so, I'm sure we'll all agree.

OK I am not sure you understood what I wrote so I will try and be clearer.

It isn't about demand it's about the LEGAL minimum requirements for disabled access and spaces within a stadium. I would need to double check but it's a percentage of capacity. So even if demand isn't there, which it will be, they legally can't convert them.

"After the 2007 Champions League final, UEFA President Michel Platini stated that he wanted European Cup finals to be held at stadiums with an average capacity of 70,000 to solve security issues. The hosts for the finals between 2008 and 2023 (Luzhniki Stadium, Stadio Olimpico, Santiago Bernabéu, Wembley Stadium, Allianz Arena, Olympiastadion, San Siro, Millennium Stadium, Olimpiyskiy Stadium, Stade de France, Atatürk Stadium) all had capacities of at least 70,000 seats—with the exceptions of 2014 and 2019 finals (Estádio da Luz and Metropolitano Stadium) held with capacities of 65,000 seats."

At just under 53,000, the capacity of Bramley Moore would fall well below this.

(n)

As is every football stadium in England apart from Old Trafford and Wembley, so BMD has a lot of company there if 70k is the marker (or even 65k).

Aim for a Europa League final, I reckon you've got an excellent chance of landing one of them.

Because the thing is, UEFA spreads these finals around cities, not just around stadiums. The existence of Wembley (and the fact it's owned by the FA) means London will always be a CL final city in UEFA's minds, but it also means our stadium (and the Emirates) probably won't ever get to host a Europa League final.

Liverpool as a city obviously hasn't got a CL final sized stadium, but from next year it will have a Europa League final sized stadium with the right sized pitch (i.e. BMD, not Anfield :lol: ).

There's nothing stopping you landing that final, and I'm a bit jealous of that.

This season's host stadium is...a 53k seater stadium by the waterfront....

Bilbao_San_Mam%C3%A9s_Stadium_4.jpg

It isn't about demand it's about the LEGAL minimum requirements for disabled access and spaces within a stadium. I would need to double check but it's a percentage of capacity. So even if demand isn't there, which it will be, they legally can't convert them.

Well. if Spurs have less, then surely we're exceeding the minimum requirement. So is this point not irrelevant.?

The lad only asked if it could be converted to seating if, I repeat if, they are not selling all those spaces.

If we're nor selling those spaces, then I'm 100% certain they will be turned into general or premium seating., and rightly so.

Think you need to apologise to the lad myself. Some outrageous slurs you're throwing around there in response to a perfectly legitimate question.

According to SGSA 2023

"Part M of the Building Regulations (1992) stated that for a newly constructed sports ground, or any completely new section of an existing ground, provision should be made for a minimum of six wheelchair spaces or one space for every 100 of the capacity of the newly constructed seated accommodation, whichever is the greater

It further stated that "in a large stadium" it is reasonable to provide a lesser number of wheelchair spaces than one for every 100 of the total seated capacity. This remained the confusion of what was meant by '"large stadium" and architects, local authorities and disabled groups were left to argue the case (or cause)"

also the green guide gives these recommendations in later revisions (see table 4 below)

@WelshBlue92 @ashwuk76 to answer your question the recommendation on legal minimum for 52888 capacity BMD is
210 + (2 * 13)
= 236

As the legal minimum Capacity for accessible areas

Everton Bramley-Moore has 279 accessible capacity and which is 226 for Season Ticket Holders (i.e. permanent) so above the legal minimum (source: Liverpool Echo 09 May 2024)

Therefore you are right @WelshBlue92 there is scope depending on demand but the club won't pull out the permanent accessible capacity.

However it will only be say 50 spaces maximum and ONLY if these are not taken by those spectators that need accessible viewing areas

1000005975.webp

I understand that there are legal requirements so out of curiosity I decided to look into this.
As the Capacity is ~53k we need, following EHRC guidelines, an additional 26 seats on top of the mandatory 210 = 236 wheel chair accessible spaces required at BMD.

BMD exceeds the wheel chair access requirements by around 43 with a total of 279 positions available. On top of that BMD also offers 366 easy access seats and 310 seats with limited elevation (I presume these 676 seats are for those not in a chair but with some mobility issues).

Again, if demand is met then its no issue. If we find disabled access demand to be lower than the amount provided then areas such as the lower south stand could be easily converted to seating with temporary metal stands whilst still complying with the legal minimum of supply of disabled access seating/areas.

https://www.equalityhumanrights.com...sability-access-at-premier-league-grounds.pdf

1728642664452.webp

1728642891831.webp

1728642985667.webp

According to SGGA 2023

"Part M of the Building Regulations (1992) stated that for a newly constructed sports ground, or any completely new section of an existing ground, provision should be made for a minimum of six wheelchair spaces or one space for every 100 of the capacity of the newly constructed seated accommodation, whichever is the greater

It further stated that "in a large stadium" it is reasonable to provide a lesser number of wheelchair spaces than one for every 100 of the total seated capacity. This remained the confusion of what was meant by '"large stadium" and architects, local authorities and disabled groups were left to argue the case (or cause)"

also the green guide gives these recommendations in later revisions (see table 4 below)

@WelshBlue92 @ashwuk76 to answer your question the recommendation on legal minimum for 52888 capacity BMD is
210 + (2 * 13)
= 236

As the legal minimum Capacity for accessible areas

Everton Bramley-Moore has 279 accessible capacity and which is 226 for Season Ticket Holders (i.e. permanent) so above the legal minimum (source: Liverpool Echo 09 May 2024)

Therefore you are right @WelshBlue92 there is scope depending on demand but the club won't pull out the permanent accessible capacity.

However it will only be say 50 spaces maximum and ONLY if these are not taken by those spectators that need accessible viewing areas

View attachment 277020
you beat me to it with the maths :D

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back