New kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nike arent only on a 2 yr deal are they ?

or will we just give them a refund for the remainder ? i.e. their 50k back.

As I understand it, our kit manufacturing deal is with Kitbag, not Nike. They subcontracted Nike.

Why everyone wants Adidas is beyond me. All I see when I look at Adidas kits are the stripes. You're basically wearing an Adidas T-shirt with a crest and a sponsor stuck on. They never say anything unique about the clubs.

Same story every season.

Fans see the kit. Fans hate the kit. Fans say they won't buy the kit.

Then:

Fans buy the kit. Fans wear the kit. Fans grow to like the kit.

Repeat.

Erm, no.

I liked the 2011/12 home kit, so i bought it. I didn't like the 2012/13 home kit, so i didn't buy it. I don't like this shirt, i won't be buying it.

Good for you.

Doesn't change how the majority act. Every kit is greeted like this.

It's really not. The 2011/12 kit was liked by the vast majority of people from the off. The 2012/13 kit got mixed reviews because of the stupid cuffs, and this new kit has so far been largely negative.

Loads wont buy it whatever it looks like just because of the balls up with the badge..just the 20,000 who signed the e petition at £50 a shirt is £1m and when you ain't got a pot to piss in that's a lot of money...I personally spend at least £500 on kits and merchandise for my kids and Grandkids(and myself) and I know I'm not alone in doing this so like I said we're going to lose a hell of a lot regardless what the shirt looks like.

Loads wont buy it whatever it looks like just because of the balls up with the badge..just the 20,000 who signed the e petition at £50 a shirt is £1m and when you ain't got a pot to piss in that's a lot of money...I personally spend at least £500 on kits and merchandise for my kids and Grandkids(and myself) and I know I'm not alone in doing this so like I said we're going to lose a hell of a lot regardless what the shirt looks like.

We don't get money direct from selling the shirts though mate. We're given a fixed sum by Kitbag/Nike and the profits go to them. We get a commission for kits sold once it goes over a certain number but it's a drop in the ocean compared to the new TV money.

We don't get money direct from selling the shirts though mate. We're given a fixed sum by Kitbag/Nike and the profits go to them. We get a commission for kits sold once it goes over a certain number but it's a drop in the ocean compared to the new TV money.

10 year deal struck on that ^^^ basis.

Elstone should be chased out of Liverppol with sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back