New kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst thing is that the commission part has only been introduced by Nike. Up until then there was zero benefit to us selling a lot of merchandise.

All part of the cunning plan to expose 'the brand'.

The wheels have come off this feller now. Exposed as practically useless. I notice he's got a deputy CEO now, and she'll no doubt take his post soon.

Men's-Nike-Dallas-Cowboys-68-Doug-Free-Limited-Navy-Blue-Team-Color-NFL-Jersey.jpg

like a walton cowboy...

Headers_mitchellness.jpg

Just got back from a week's holiday to see this - not very impressed.

I shouldn't really comment on the shirt, because I am too old and porky to wear one, but this one makes last year's look good.

The worst part though is that our shirts always seem to look cheaply made when you see someone wearing them in the street or the pub.

The only exception I can think of in recent years is the Vanilla, which always looked smart.

Dave, can you please explain how you would have turned a £500k per annum negative commercial department in to a profitable one, without the need to outsource the activity?

I have no idea. Am I meant to? Seems to me the outsourcing was a case of short termism to get cash in upfront ahead of the Kirkby stadium decision. That's what was at the back of the Kitbag giveaway: money in hand to push on with a stadium move,

We shouldn't be ouitsourcing full stop. Surely we can expect club officers with MBAs and a director brought on board to offer his 'global reputation and expertise as a commercial operator' to come up with a way of making this work for us?

A ten year deal with Kitbag worth £3M per year for everything, whilst a club like Villa get £4M per year just for selling their kit themselves?

That's not right.

I have no idea. Am I meant to? Seems to me the outsourcing was a case of short termism to get cash in upfront ahead of the Kirkby stadium decision. That's what was at the back of the Kitbag giveaway: money in hand to push on with a stadium move,

We shouldn't be ouitsourcing full stop. Surely we can expect club officers with MBAs and a director brought on board to offer his 'global reputation and expertise as a commercial operator' to come up with a way of making this work for us?

A ten year deal with Kitbag worth £3M per year for everything, whilst a club like Villa get £4M per year just for selling their kit themselves?

That's not right.

If you don't know then how do you know its wrong?? Because it doesn't make sense to you??

Many, many businesses outsource, its not wrong otherwise it wouldn't be done; its turned a negative into a positive with minimal outlay, its removed a lot of overheads, staff time and other hidden costs which people will be unaware of. The only thing that matters is the department is now proftable. Don't slate it if you don't understand it

If you don't know then how do you know its wrong?? Because it doesn't make sense to you??

Many, many businesses outsource, its not wrong otherwise it wouldn't be done; its turned a negative into a positive with minimal outlay, its removed a lot of overheads, staff time and other hidden costs which people will be unaware of. The only thing that matters is the department is now proftable. Don't slate it if you don't understand it

I understand what we gave away to Kitbag doesn't amount to what Villa got for a shirt deal alone. I understand the circumstances surrounding that giveaway.

Apparently you believe £3m p.a. for 10 years for all our merchandise represents a great deal.

I'll leave it to others to decide what sort of business acumen you have.

I understand what we gave away to Kitbag doesn't amount to what Villa got for a shirt deal alone. I understand the circumstances surrounding that giveaway.

Apparently you believe £3m p.a. for 10 years for all our merchandise represents a great deal.

I'll leave it to others to decide what sort of business acumen you have.

See, now thats were you are wrong. I never said that £3m(p.a.) was a good deal, now you're putting words in my mouth. What I said was that outsourcing is not a bad idea, and given the circumstances that we were loosing £500k a year how you would go about turning it around.

You replied you had no idea, you think outsourcing to kitbag is wrong yet you don't know why. Your only argument is Villa get £xx, were Villa loosing money?? Did they need to outsource?? Would there overheads be different by keeping it in-house? Do they have a bigger fan base? How many outlets, owned by the club, do they have?? All these questions (and many more) need to looked at before making a sweeping statement.

Its not a case of 2+2 = 4, if it was then you would probably understand.

Anyway, not arguing; you've answered that you have no idea, but you just know deep down. its wrong.

See, now thats were you are wrong. I never said that £3m(p.a.) was a good deal, now you're putting words in my mouth. What I said was that outsourcing is not a bad idea, and given the circumstances that we were loosing £500k a year how you would go about turning it around.

You replied you had no idea, you think outsourcing to kitbag is wrong yet you don't know why. Your only argument is Villa get £xx, were Villa loosing money?? Did they need to outsource?? Would there overheads be different by keeping it in-house? Do they have a bigger fan base? How many outlets, owned by the club, do they have?? All these questions (and many more) need to looked at before making a sweeping statement.

Anyway, not arguing; you've answered that you have no idea, but you just know deep down. its wrong.

That's why I said 'apparently'. It indicates that I dont know for sure, but it follows from what you were saying that you'd support the deal given you are in favour of outsourcing. So that clears that up then anyway: we both think the Kitbag deal at £3M p.a. is ****. Good to know we agree.

You defended outsourcing as a strategy for a business that was losing cash. I put it to you that keeping things in-house had allowed Villa to get more from their merchandising for just their shirt deal with Macron. To a layman who has no idea maybe you, with your greater grasp of business, can put me right on the Villa v Everton situation - with all the attendant possible differences between the two clubs - and press home your case that outsourcing for them made less sense?

I think you both make fair points to be fair

I know far too little to make an educated foray into the discussion myself

Not a fan of the collar, but other than that it isn't too bad now that I look at it.

Hoping for white socks like!

Definitely think its the one with two bands as on the picture with Martinez holding up the everton scarf it has the two bands on it near the crest

Home shirt is ****e like last years, won't be buying. The last decent home shirt was the last LCS one, which I did buy.
Hopefully away and third shirts will make up for it like last season, the black away :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back