New kits 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Le Coq one we wore in the cup semi v Liverpool was probably the best shirt we've had since the 80s and that had a yellow trim so anyone saying yellow doesn't belong on our shirt is a wool, and also don't know their history as it used to be in our badge and used to be our main away kit. Nothing wrong with mixing it up a bit, as long as the socks are white and there's no repeat of this season's shorts

The main thing worrying me about the kits this season is the price.

Ours have been £50 (adult shirt), for a few seasons, since we first switched from Le coq to Nike I think. But there are clubs like man Utd and Chelsea who are charging £89.95 for next seasons kit! You can also buy a "replica" of the same kit, with less detail and a slightly different badge for £64.99. That's like charging you almost 65 quid for a knock off!

I hope to god we don't do this

Ours have been £50 (adult shirt), for a few seasons, since we first switched from Le coq to Nike I think. But there are clubs like man Utd and Chelsea who are charging £89.95 for next seasons kit! You can also buy a "replica" of the same kit, with less detail and a slightly different badge for £64.99. That's like charging you almost 65 quid for a knock off!

Anyone paying £90 for a football shirt wants an absolute shoein'.

Actually, it's like charging you £65 for what you've been buying for £50. The shirts supporters buy have always been different ("replica") from the ones worn by players (which are what Utd, Chelsea etc are selling for close to £100). It's a practice that's been done in US sports for years.

Not saying i like it btw, but it's not like they're suddenly selling jarg knockoffs.

CiHYIQTWkAEmXlf.jpg
I think I'd be happy with that.

Being old skool, anyone who doesn't want an Everton top to be plain blue with white trims... is wrong. So of course if you're doing it right, there should be only minor variations each year. These days fashion calls for an additional accent colour and I'll accept amber, as it's our legendary 2nd kit colour and was the rim around our badge for many a year.

From my memory, back in the old days our kit never had gold socks. The photos of Alan Ball, Labone etc are from some game where our socks clashed with an opponent so we wore our 2nd kit ones instead. Not like these days where we'd change the whole lot just for playing away and look like some lilac tea bag or summat.

Anyway I hope this kit is real; it's the top that many of us have been waiting for, for many a year. Evoking the Cattericks squad, the school of science, the 69/70 champions. Let's hope they start playing that way too....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back