New kits 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, it's like charging you £65 for what you've been buying for £50. The shirts supporters buy have always been different ("replica") from the ones worn by players (which are what Utd, Chelsea etc are selling for close to £100). It's a practice that's been done in US sports for years.

Not saying i like it btw, but it's not like they're suddenly selling jarg knockoffs.

There is an article here between "replica" and "authentic", it mentions that; Nike, Adidas and Puma do them. So I don't think there is actually a difference between the Umbro players kit and "replica" currently. Hopefully this is not something they bring in this year.

http://www.soccerpro.com/thecentercircle/authentic-vs-replica-whats-difference/

Most rugby shirts come in "player" (tight fit, expensive) and "supporter" (for fatties, cheaper).

Just another way for them to fleece you from your cash

Who gives a flying fxxx about the kit for next season surely the state of the club should be sorted first and foremost. ..Get it sorted....

We are going to need something to wear next season regardless...

For once they seem to be quite on the ball in terms of getting a kit out early and people still moan!

Im not convinced that Barkley photo is the real kit though. Surely they would use a photo without the under armour on to make the new shirt stand out more?

We are going to need something to wear next season regardless...

For once they seem to be quite on the ball in terms of getting a kit out early and people still moan!

Im not convinced that Barkley photo is the real kit though. Surely they would use a photo without the under armour on to make the new shirt stand out more?
Do you think they could hide some of those electric motors the cyclist use to put a bit of movement into the players upper body so at least it looks like they're running......

I think almost all professional clubs have authentic and replica kits. If they only sell replica kits then there is most likely still an authentic kit that just isn't up for sale.

Actually, it's like charging you £65 for what you've been buying for £50. The shirts supporters buy have always been different ("replica") from the ones worn by players (which are what Utd, Chelsea etc are selling for close to £100). It's a practice that's been done in US sports for years.

Not saying i like it btw, but it's not like they're suddenly selling jarg knockoffs.

That depends on the club and the brand. Our players wear the same shirts as the one the supporters can buy.

I think almost all professional clubs have authentic and replica kits. If they only sell replica kits then there is most likely still an authentic kit that just isn't up for sale.

We haven't had "player shirts" for many years now (apart from small stuff like printing etc.) - I think since 99/00.

Yes, but just because we don't sell player and replica shirts separately doesn't necessarily mean they don't both exist...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back