Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Frank for not seeing that DCL for Gomes was the obvious change. Should have moved Alli central and Richarlison left. We had nothing up top when we inevitably hoofed it. Lost all of our pace when Gray went off. Again, on Frank for putting Alli on the left, DCL could have come on at that point.

This isn’t a scathing attack on Lampard, but he has to see those changes going forward.

Holgate and Keane for the foreseeable is harrowing. 5 at the back with Townsend will be the norm for awhile whilst Mykolenko is out.

More than anything else I’m frustrated with myself tonight. For a while I’ve avoided watching us because I know how angry and upset this team can make me and it’s not fair to myself or my family for me to get that worked up over something so relatively meaningless as football.

After the weekend I decided I’d chance it tonight and here I am again, seething.

I’m gonna take a deep breath, eat a delicious flapjack and finish my book. I urge you folks to do something to take your mind off this nonsense, too. Football is not worth damaging your mental health over at the best of times and this dumpster fire of a club is definitely not.

I know it’s easier said than done, but put it out of your head and move on. Look after yourselves.

(And I’ll see you back here on Saturday, obvs…)
It’s been two years of this really..with a brief month or so of happiness under Carlo. Yet we keep coming back. Like battered spouses.

6 managers and not one can see that Keane Colman holgate are not good enough and people voting for Gordon as mom is mad he went into a few challenges but that’s all 0 end product and gets caught on the ball way to often
Rikki can’t play as a cf didn’t hold the ball up or bring others into play far better coming of the wing
Townsend was poo tonight all in all I think we’re going down only good thing tonight was VDB and he was at most ok
Gordon would be great at futsal. He is a school boy not ready for the big time yet.

I wish I shared your optimism mate. This was the game that either showed us we had something we could build on after the Brentford win, or showed it up to be a fluke. It looks like the latter. I honestly don’t see how we get much better in the coming weeks.

Of course, I hope I’m wrong!!
Personally I Brentford wasn’t massively to fussed about the FA cup, not saying they didn’t try but they would swap that for staying in the PL. so i enjoyed that win but ive been following Everton long enough to know it’s wasn’t going to change over night. I supported Everton in the dire times, Mike walker, then when we draw with Coventry to stay up they were very dire times. We have a decent squad but the players are will off the pace atm, mainly down to poor management, I think Lampard will quickly sort that out, I don’t have any worries about going down there are worse teams than us, but regardless of that we will collect easy enough points.

Lucas Digne playing tonight would've had 0 impact on that performance mate.

We would've had a left back rather than a winger who's legs have gone.

The idea that Benitez sold him to replace him with a young novice left back from another country while thinking Godfrey could "do a job" is a criminal offence in my eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back