Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeble mentality. Half the players with zero composure on the ball. Lacking in awareness and desire to win the ball back when it's lost. As someone said earlier, Benitez lost us this. But actually many of the players need to hold their hands up and say sorry. Lampard has some job to keep us up.

We are going to badly need our home form to improve and the fans to pull us through, far too many of these players have no bottle or fight in them so anything away from home under pressure is only going to end one way.
That’s been our problem home games have been toxic due to Benitez, that problem is fixed now he’s gone.

We are in a real mess. Keeping Benitez for so long, allowing him to sell Digne, not appointing a replacement manager sooner after sacking him…all terrible, terrible decisions. Who is accountable? Where are they?

I'm more annoyed at Nkounkou going out on loan. That didn't need to happen.

It's more the idea of buying someone completely inexperienced to fill the gap for me. Yes, he'll hopefully be good in the future but just buy a proper left back to replace a proper left back ffs

Even though it was ultimately crap, I am really positive about some of the signs from today...and being positive is all i've got eh?

Gordon - fight, drive, skill, and some signs of being a good communicator & leader (standing up to Trippier, helping Gray when he was injured)
Mina - feels like a blue, some snide, leadership etc, and at least he didn't want to come off
Branthwaite - mistakes but looks good
Gomes couldn't dominate, but he at least didn't slow the game down and pass sideways.
Allan looks like an engine and has passion
Coleman was better.

On the other hand, Richy is a confidence - partnership - passion player. He cant do stuff on his own, and that's not great, but if we can somehow get him clicking with Gordon -DCL -Delle it'll be great.

DVDB is a Gomes upgrade I hope cos they can't both play together.

The team has not even gelled or trained much together - a lot to look forward to.
Stop it! Branthwait wasnt good. He was terrible! Gordon was school kid level. Gomes is the only one able to do something with a ball but nothing came of. Allan is all over the place. Coleman is laughable bad.

The only thing that would make this day worse is the standard contrite and meaningless Coleman interview where he apologizes for the performance and says its unacceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.