Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sporting Life's odds favour us....

Correct Score: Newcastle 1-2 Everton (Sky Bet odds: 17/2)​

• BT Sport: Tuesday, 19:45
Newcastle are unbeaten in three league games following successive defeats to Liverpool and Manchester City, beating Leeds last time out.

They brought in some much-needed quality in the transfer window which should help them kick on, but concerns remain defensively, with the Magpies allowing 2.01 xGA per game under Eddie Howe.

That will be music to the ears of new Everton boss Frank Lampard, who's attacking mentality should see the Toffees create plenty of opportunities here.

They put four past Brentford in the FA Cup, and while they will likely score at least once here, defensively they continue to look vulnerable, meaning we should see an entertaining game on Tuesday.

Holgate to right back.
Branthwaite alonside Yerald.
Townsend in for Gordon.
vDB in for Gomes.

We need to win the midfield battle and as well as Andre played yesterday he’s not a battler.
Gordon will have a big impact coming on around 60 mins.

Stifle the crowd and get in at H/T with a clean sheet and we win this.

Holgate to right back.
Branthwaite alonside Yerald.
Townsend in for Gordon.
vDB in for Gomes.

We need to win the midfield battle and as well as Andre played yesterday he’s not a battler.
Gordon will have a big impact coming on around 60 mins.

Stifle the crowd and get in at H/T with a clean sheet and we win this.

I understand the points you are making mate but we don’t need to be trying to stifle anyone until half time anymore.

That kind of mentality cost us badly under Benitez because we were always playing catch up.

We need to be setting our to go after them from the start, their defence is sketchy and the new players will need to settle in so I’d keep Gordon, Richy and Gray up front and tell them to run at their defence with a midfield 3 of Gomes, Allan and Alli or DVDB.

I understand the points you are making mate but we don’t need to be trying to stifle anyone until half time anymore.

That kind of mentality cost us badly under Benitez because we were always playing catch up.

We need to be setting our to go after them from the start, their defence is sketchy and the new players will need to settle in so I’d keep Gordon, Richy and Gray up front and tell them to run at their defence with a midfield 3 of Gomes, Allan and Alli or DVDB.
I agree. The front 3 are full of confidence after yesterday. Put DCL on the bench as a precaution. Their weakness is defence. Get on the front foot early and go at them. If we score early the crowd will get nervous. Alternatively we can’t sit back as if they score first it will be uncomfortable evening for us.

U23s played 3 at the back the other day (or 5 if you look at it that way) and I think that's a sign of how FL wants to set the first team up too.

So IMO we will start with the Coleman, Holgate, Keane, Yeri and Mylo fella at the back.

Gomes and VDB will be rotating, I think he will start VDB and bring Gomes on for him around 70mins. Alan starts

He is spolit for choice with the front 3 and thats tough to predict . I reckon he will start with DCL (if fit) Richy and Grey, with Townsend, Alli and Gordon on the bench.

Rondon wont get a look in

Unfortunately Dr reality is always ready for us at Everton and I think he will strike again here . The cup bubble will burst and I really think our defence is still a mis placed pass away from complete capitulation. I think 1-1 is on the cards here.

Unfortunately Dr reality is always ready for us at Everton and I think he will strike again here . The cup bubble will burst and I really think our defence is still a mis placed pass away from complete capitulation. I think 1-1 is on the cards here.

I wouldnt say thats the bubble bursting. Its a decent point if you consider our previous form before Saturday and the context of it being hyped as a relegation 6 pointer. Especially as we know our players love to buckle under pressure regularly

Eddie Howe's Bournemouth was always something of an angstgegner outfit (i.e. bogey team) for us, so I hope that that situation doesn't continue with his Newcastle side. Obviously I want our brave lionhearts to win...but I am reluctant to predict such outcome. I do get good vibes off our new manager (and his coaching team) so I might even watch this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.