Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exactly what I thought. Tonight is a real barometer of where we are as a team, imo.
Tonight will be interesting....

Both teams have been active in the last window, we are trying to bed in 7 new signings, Newcastle only added 4 including Isak who is a decent player but misses out tonight.

I think the players of Everton and Newcastle are comparable in my opinion, they are stronger in some areas whereas we are stronger in others but Newcastle seem to have put good runs together at the end of last season and again this season, having only lost one they will be very very difficult to beat being as we are somewhat goal-shy.

The other interesting aspect, and something I believe is key in football and that is momentum or consistency. Since Howe went in to Newcastle they have set up with the same 4-3-3 week in week out, every game. This is perhaps the frustration for me last season with Frank changing the team and formation game by game and he has been doing the same this season even though all our points have come playing 4-3-3, zero points playing the 5 at the back.

Hopefully we can get something, as Windymiller says it will be a barometer of where we are, in my view we need to get ahead of the points line of last season before the January window and hopefully add a bit of creativity that will take us forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back