• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Newcastle Utd (and Viz)

Genuinely couldn't give two hoots about being successful at this point. How could I be? I'm 30, have never known success. I even 'missed' the Keegan years.

There's literally about four teams in the entire country who can justifiably (for want of a better word) expect silverware.

Just wanting us to win is all I'm after.

I have seen is win 2 League Cups in 30 years. And that is still more than other historically big clubs like EFC, Leeds and Villa etc.

As you rightly say, Man U, Man C, Liverpool and Chelsea (and probably Woolwich until very recently) are the only teams guaranteed to win trophies.

In reality, it is a closed shop. The emperor's new clothes.

I have seen is win 2 League Cups in 30 years. And that is still more than other historically big clubs like EFC, Leeds and Villa etc.

As you rightly say, Man U, Man C, Liverpool and Chelsea (and probably Woolwich until very recently) are the only teams guaranteed to win trophies.

(Not trying to be deliberately argumentative) but I don't necessarily agree with that yet. It's barely ajar but not wedged shut. Leicester have proven that twice in the last five years.

Appoint a good manager, recruit well, keep your players fit, exploit any patches of bad form from the traditional favourites, have some luck - and you're onto something.

I think it's really important that fans of the likes of Everton and Newcastle totally reject the notion that it's a closed shop. If acceptance settles in, it'll be a lot easier for the anti-competitive agenda to thrive.

(Not trying to be deliberately argumentative) but I don't necessarily agree with that yet. It's barely ajar but not wedged shut. Leicester have proven that twice in the last five years.

Appoint a good manager, recruit well, keep your players fit, exploit any patches of bad form from the traditional favourites, have some luck - and you're onto something.

I think it's really important that fans of the likes of Everton and Newcastle totally reject the notion that it's a closed shop. If acceptance settles in, it'll be a lot easier for the anti-competitive agenda to thrive.

That's why the TV companies were ecstatic that Leicester won the league. They could maintain the illusion that other teams outside the aforementioned 4-5 sides have a fighting chance. Hence the reason they have turned 4th place into a de facto trophy.

Leicestershire FC are more of a threat to the top 4 than any of our clubs currently.

Spurs have absolutely crapped every opportunity they've had to win a pot recently. I honestly expected them to win something and kick on, but no.

Everton just a basket case if I'm frank. We've wasted resources, which is a different sort of opportunity. Utterly shameful given pre-Moshuri our mantra was "we just need sone extra funds.."

As for the Geordie boys, christ, you have more false dawns than is fair for one club. From the outside the Ashley regime looks ghastly, literally content to scrape by in the Prem.

They had loadsofmoney in the early to late 90's and won zilch.

PIF are not buying them anyway, will be wrapped up at Inter soon, Commie Chinese Gov want the deal done and Suning corporation to wash their hands with this capitalist bougeois sport of the masses
Almost want to see them taken over just to see you cryarse about the injustice of it.

Almost want to see them taken over just to see you cryarse about the injustice of it.
So you would rather have a multi trillion dollar wealth petro dollar fund take over a football club, crashing into the English and European elite within 2-3 years, adding another English club to the cabal, just because you want to see ONE person's reaction from it.

I wonder how long that lasts though when Newcastle start winning trophies with regularity, being in the expanded CL annually where SIX English clubs will be qualifying in 2024 onwards, buying star players you wish and dream you could see wearing an Everton shirt but that will never happen because Newcastle all of a sudden have triple the turnover of Everton and the like thanks to Saudi state owned companies like ARAMCO etc helping paying £400 million a year in wages and having £50-£60 million pound players in every position twice over.

Okay Mate. ;)

Last edited:

So you would rather have a multi trillion dollar wealth petro dollar fund take over a football club, crashing into the English and European elite within 2-3 years, adding another English club to the cabal, just because you want to see ONE person's reaction from it.

I wonder how long that lasts though when Newcastle start winning trophies with regularity, being in the expanded CL annually where SIX English clubs will be qualifying in 2024 onwards, buying star players you wish and dream you could see wearing an Everton shirt but that will never happen because Newcastle all of a sudden have triple the turnover of Everton and the like thanks to Saudi state owned companies like ARAMCO etc helping paying £400 million a year in wages and having £50-£60 million pound players in every position twice over.

Okay Mate. ;)

I know mate, Klopp does it a different way, no £60 or £70m players in his team of the third highest wage bill ever seen either at their club, it's so unfair, boo hoo.

Okay Mate. ;)
Dem oil clubs la.....

Okay Mate. ;)
Is that a titty lip I see trembling?

Okay Mate. ;)

u ok hun?

That’s why teams who haven’t got a chance of the prem have to go full strength in the cup competitions. I know City will be waiting but at least give it a go.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back