• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Newcastle Utd (and Viz)

That would be beyond my wildest dreams.

Crying before the media during his last spell is imprinted on my memory. It was just like having a die hard fan in charge, 100% devoted and 100% clueless.

Give it to Carver, ten year contract at least.

lol Carver is an idiot, a total buffoon who I've no time for whatsoever, but this didn't happen.

Pardew cried at Stoke if that's what you're referring to.

lol Carver is an idiot, a total buffoon who I've no time for whatsoever, but this didn't happen.

Pardew cried at Stoke if that's what you're referring to.

I meant it metaphorically rather than literally speaking, he wore his heart on his sleeve at every post match interview, his emotions were never hidden too well.

He cried his eyes out at every post match presser.

Ah got you. We've had worse people associated with us without a doubt, but he's just another in a long list of grateful no-marks who've been happy to put up with Ashley's nonsense cos it meant they could manage a PL club.

I wish we could keep losing but somehow not get relegated. If the Saudis/anyone who'll pay £300m+ aren't out of the picture already, they sure as hell will be if we end up in the Championship. But I love seeing Ashley and Bruce fail. Failure and misery is what the club deserves, the way it's ran.
Watching Bruce on match of the day he definitely doesn't look like a man under pressure.
He either knows he is save as houses as Ashleys buffer or a pay off is coming and he can retire in comfort

I’d love them to get taken over.

I genuinely believe they could spend loads of money even worse than we have.

If your transfer business this summer doesn't demonstrate the value of a manager with a clear vision and a good idea of what he's doing, I don't know what will!

I wish we could keep losing but somehow not get relegated. If the Saudis/anyone who'll pay £300m+ aren't out of the picture already, they sure as hell will be if we end up in the Championship. But I love seeing Ashley and Bruce fail. Failure and misery is what the club deserves, the way it's ran.
In fairness you lot were already well used to failure and misery, long before Ashley and Bruce rocked up.lol

In fairness you lot were already well used to failure and misery, long before Ashley and Bruce rocked up.lol
Very true, 1969 the last time they won anything and that was s European second tier cup (The old European Fairs Cup - I think a predecessor of the EUFA cup)

Mike Ashley was only born a few years previously to that (1964) so a long and proud history of winning nothing well before be arrived.

Their last league title was nearly ONE HUNDRED years ago in 1927

Last edited:
I’d love them to get taken over.

I genuinely believe they could spend loads of money even worse than we have.
They had loadsofmoney in the early to late 90's and won zilch.

PIF are not buying them anyway, will be wrapped up at Inter soon, Commie Chinese Gov want the deal done and Suning corporation to wash their hands with this capitalist bougeois sport of the masses

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back