• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Newcastle Utd (and Viz)

So you would rather have a multi trillion dollar wealth petro dollar fund take over a football club, crashing into the English and European elite within 2-3 years, adding another English club to the cabal, just because you want to see ONE person's reaction from it.

I wonder how long that lasts though when Newcastle start winning trophies with regularity, being in the expanded CL annually where SIX English clubs will be qualifying in 2024 onwards, buying star players you wish and dream you could see wearing an Everton shirt but that will never happen because Newcastle all of a sudden have triple the turnover of Everton and the like thanks to Saudi state owned companies like ARAMCO etc helping paying £400 million a year in wages and having £50-£60 million pound players in every position twice over.

Okay Mate. ;)
Well actually, LFC have a global fan base and we'd probably get a lot more mileage out of it than just you.

That's it then it's confirmed the PL cabal has gone to 7 clubs now, those dreams of winning trophies and getting back to former glories just got even more distant now.

NUFC turnover will go from £180 million to £600 million in 3 seasons, I bet the first commercial deal will be the ARAMCO stadium sponsored for about £100 million a year, the laughing stock that Newcastle have been for decades is no more, they'll have a PL title within 3 seasons and maybe Conte, Mancini or Simeone managing them to that title win.

Another team with a 1 title getting oil money, they'll be on 9 league titles in quick time, let that sink in.

"With BeIN Sports now likely to no longer object to a takeover, Richard Masters, the league's chief executive, will instead need to consider whether complaints over Saudi's human rights record ensure the PIF remain in breach of the top tier's directors and owners test.

A lack of clarity around the separation between the state and its sovereign wealth fund was also cited as a key factor for a tortuous process that led to Saudi Arabia eventually pulling out."

If the Saudi's pass any fit and proper test, Prem may as well fold

I have seen is win 2 League Cups in 30 years. And that is still more than other historically big clubs like EFC, Leeds and Villa etc.

As you rightly say, Man U, Man C, Liverpool and Chelsea (and probably Woolwich until very recently) are the only teams guaranteed to win trophies.

In reality, it is a closed shop. The emperor's new clothes.
I really have fallen out of love with modern football tbh. As you say it's a closed shop, and i honestly think there will be major changes to the sport required, before Everton become a major player again. I get a lot more enjoyment, from sports like aussie rules and ice hockey nowadays.

In those sports it actually can be enjoyable, watching a struggling team try and get it all together. You have a salary cap as well, and the worst performing teams have first refusal on the best upcoming players in the draft. The current champions in the aussie rules, were the joke of the competition less than 10 years ago. Maybe the new stadium might help to change things, but i think Everton will be just a regular top eight side for the forseable future. With FFP it's impossible to break into that elite.

That's it then it's confirmed the PL cabal has gone to 7 clubs now, those dreams of winning trophies and getting back to former glories just got even more distant now.

NUFC turnover will go from £180 million to £600 million in 3 seasons, I bet the first commercial deal will be the ARAMCO stadium sponsored for about £100 million a year, the laughing stock that Newcastle have been for decades is no more, they'll have a PL title within 3 seasons and maybe Conte, Mancini or Simeone managing them to that title win.

Another team with a 1 title getting oil money, they'll be on 9 league titles in quick time, let that sink in.
20 soon enough mate. Let that sink in.

Lets be honest the league will eat in on itself in the coming seasons anyway.

Look how competitive the top 10 sides are these days - throw in another and the reality is you could own a club, spend £100 million every summer just to finish 9th.

At some point clubs owners will get bored - totally different to when their was just a top 3/4 and a wealthy owner pretty much guaranteed you entry into the Champions League and the riches that it brings.

I really have fallen out of love with modern football tbh. As you say it's a closed shop, and i honestly think there will be major changes to the sport required, before Everton become a major player again. I get a lot more enjoyment, from sports like aussie rules and ice hockey nowadays.

In those sports it actually can be enjoyable, watching a struggling team try and get it all together. You have a salary cap as well, and the worst performing teams have first refusal on the best upcoming players in the draft. The current champions in the aussie rules, were the joke of the competition less than 10 years ago. Maybe the new stadium might help to change things, but i think Everton will be just a regular top eight side for the forseable future. With FFP it's impossible to break into that elite.

Totally agree.

I still go and it is purely for the social aspect. We all know with 90% certainty who the top 6 will be and 90% certainty how the bottom 4 will be.

The media do not want teams like EFC and THFC upsetting the status quo. They need the usual suspects to be successful for overseas TV sales.

Boring.

Lets be honest the league will eat in on itself in the coming seasons anyway.

Look how competitive the top 10 sides are these days - throw in another and the reality is you could own a club, spend £100 million every summer just to finish 9th.

At some point clubs owners will get bored - totally different to when their was just a top 3/4 and a wealthy owner pretty much guaranteed you entry into the Champions League and the riches that it brings.

Couldn't agree more. If every team has billionaire owners there is no guarantee of success.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back