• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Newcastle Utd (and Viz)

So you would rather have a multi trillion dollar wealth petro dollar fund take over a football club, crashing into the English and European elite within 2-3 years, adding another English club to the cabal, just because you want to see ONE person's reaction from it.

I wonder how long that lasts though when Newcastle start winning trophies with regularity, being in the expanded CL annually where SIX English clubs will be qualifying in 2024 onwards, buying star players you wish and dream you could see wearing an Everton shirt but that will never happen because Newcastle all of a sudden have triple the turnover of Everton and the like thanks to Saudi state owned companies like ARAMCO etc helping paying £400 million a year in wages and having £50-£60 million pound players in every position twice over.

Okay Mate. ;)
Turn the clock back to the early 90's. Jack Walker came in with all his millions and won the league with Blackburn. Did you moan about that? Oh, you were cheering for him and his money when Blackburn won the league at analfield, stopping your 'rivals' from winning- let that sink in you muppet.

I really have fallen out of love with modern football tbh. As you say it's a closed shop, and i honestly think there will be major changes to the sport required, before Everton become a major player again. I get a lot more enjoyment, from sports like aussie rules and ice hockey nowadays.

In those sports it actually can be enjoyable, watching a struggling team try and get it all together. You have a salary cap as well, and the worst performing teams have first refusal on the best upcoming players in the draft. The current champions in the aussie rules, were the joke of the competition less than 10 years ago. Maybe the new stadium might help to change things, but i think Everton will be just a regular top eight side for the forseable future. With FFP it's impossible to break into that elite.

Would you guys (English and Europeans) like a "hard" salary cap? Being an American I'm quite used to them, what do you guys wager the reaction would be?

Welcomed outside of the super league clubs?

You are mistaken if you think i am taking narcotics advice from a random on the internet. But thank you for your input.

Fair enough. Just looking after your welfare. But, all that paranoid tosh you posted? Do you really believe that? Or are you just looking for ‘likes’ on here? As that can be my only conclusion. A Spurs fan complaining that the media don’t want you to upset the status quo! Really?

Would you guys (English and Europeans) like a "hard" salary cap? Being an American I'm quite used to them, what do you guys wager the reaction would be?

Nobody would welcome it I suspect.

I think clubs in this country enjoy being able to blow most other European clubs out the water wages wise.

The Era of the big 7 begins! Strength of the PL now when you add in Us, Villa, Leicester, Leeds. Would be a further nail in the coffin for the other European domestic leagues

Yeah the way they bang on you'd think they're real madrid

Instead of a club whove won zero since the 50s

I dont think the Saudis would be looking to throw money around either.

The PIF is essentially that an investment fund - if they were looking for a Plaything the ruler of Saudi would buy them like Mansour did with City.

Apparently they aint that keen paying £300 million for the club - doesn't sound early doors like they will be throwing dough around if it happens.

Turn the clock back to the early 90's. Jack Walker came in with all his millions and won the league with Blackburn. Did you moan about that? Oh, you were cheering for him and his money when Blackburn won the league at analfield, stopping your 'rivals' from winning- let that sink in you muppet.

Bit different than a club being bank rolled by an entire country/state though.

I dont think the Saudis would be looking to throw money around either.

The PIF is essentially that an investment fund - if they were looking for a Plaything the ruler of Saudi would buy them like Mansour did with City.

Apparently they aint that keen paying £300 million for the club - doesn't sound early doors like they will be throwing dough around if it happens.
300 million for a poor relegationform squad and an stadium where you can push through the wall with your thumb. You're paying way more than 300 million or you're relegated next season...

Would Benitez return there to finish his job there? Surely not??

I think it would be a very welcome move. But i reckon hell will freeze over before it actually happens.lol

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back