• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Newcastle Utd (and Viz)

That's it then it's confirmed the PL cabal has gone to 7 clubs now, those dreams of winning trophies and getting back to former glories just got even more distant now.

NUFC turnover will go from £180 million to £600 million in 3 seasons, I bet the first commercial deal will be the ARAMCO stadium sponsored for about £100 million a year, the laughing stock that Newcastle have been for decades is no more, they'll have a PL title within 3 seasons and maybe Conte, Mancini or Simeone managing them to that title win.

Another team with a 1 title getting oil money, they'll be on 9 league titles in quick time, let that sink in.

I mean aside from everything else, are Spurs and Arsenal really that much further ahead than say Leicester or ourselves, or Villa?

As has been shown, spending money, and spending money well are different things.

If I was making a judgement, and if it goes as some expect (which I have some scepticism of) it will be Liverpool who lose out most. City and Chelse are now firmly the top 2 on spend, an United just have a much bigger brand. Likely they get pushed out of the top 4.

We will see though.

Mad innit.

Everton have literally pissed 1billion up a wall since Moshiri took over and we finished 10th last season.

And we spent 1.7m this summer cos of the rules.

The same people were quaking in their boots about Wolves a few seasons back.

I read that Wilson and Fraser were the targets identified when the takeover was going to go through. I'll hold my breath on Mbappe arriving.

See the hoo haa around the fit and proper persons test and human rights abuses has now been swept under the carpet because they have agreed to stop broadcasting pirated games and use BEin legit content in Saudi now

Mad innit.

Everton have literally pissed 1billion up a wall since Moshiri took over and we finished 10th last season.

And we spent 1.7m this summer cos of the rules.

The same people were quaking in their boots about Wolves a few seasons back.

Did say that when this whole thing started. There's still FFP and there's still the fact they're Newcastle.

Premier League will be finished in a few years time anyway when the Super League kicks in. The scummy 6 will either leave the PL or they'll just have an unsurpassable money advantage.

See the hoo haa around the fit and proper persons test and human rights abuses has now been swept under the carpet because they have agreed to stop broadcasting pirated games and use BEin legit content in Saudi now

If that was the only sticking point...then says a lot about how the premier league brand is more important than anything else

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back