• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Newcastle Utd (and Viz)

How many times have we been here before? If, big if, it happens there isn’t a chance in hell of them going on a mad spending spree, they might be rid of Wor Brucey but no top drawer manager will go there

I mean aside from everything else, are Spurs and Arsenal really that much further ahead than say Leicester or ourselves, or Villa?

As has been shown, spending money, and spending money well are different things.

If I was making a judgement, and if it goes as some expect (which I have some scepticism of) it will be Liverpool who lose out most. City and Chelse are now firmly the top 2 on spend, an United just have a much bigger brand. Likely they get pushed out of the top 4.

We will see though.
CL is being expanded for 2024 and the PL is getting 6 places, it will stay the same rich 4 plus Newcastle now (The new rich 5 clubs) with Fifteen clubs fighting it out for the last CL spot.

The top 5 (Including NUFC now) are economic powerhouses with turnovers over £500-600 million plus.

Anyway when this guy reports something it's happening.

4a4fa80874a2b1f752a1400f52a51920.png

I read that Wilson and Fraser were the targets identified when the takeover was going to go through. I'll hold my breath on Mbappe arriving.

When there was talk of the takeover before, they said they wouldn't be spending huge sums and wanted Newcastle to fund itself. They spoke about new youth and training facilities in their 1st season with around 50 mil to spend.

I think it will be a few seasons until they're breaking the top 4.

CL is being expanded for 2024 and the PL is getting 6 places, it will stay the same rich 4 plus Newcastle now (The new rich 5 clubs) with Fifteen clubs fighting it out for the last CL spot.

The top 5 (Including NUFC now) are economic powerhouses with turnovers over £500-600 million plus.

You’re really boring HongKongToffee.

BBC saying it could happen within 24 hours. Everywhere else reporting the same as well. Id love it to be another false dawn but it seems like the chances of it happening are a lot more legit this time around.

If it does go through the worst part will be seeing tons of people saying stupid stuff like 'Oh the Newcastle fans really deserve this after all they've been though etc

I can imagine the media proper fawning over them as well, similar to how they do with Liverpool, albeit probably not as bad.

Last edited:
When there was talk of the takeover before, they said they wouldn't be spending huge sums and wanted Newcastle to fund itself. They spoke about new youth and training facilities in their 1st season with around 50 mil to spend.

You do know how competitive the Arab royal families are right lol.

When one does something they do it more expensive or bigger and the circle continues. lol

They will spend and want to beat the Qataris who Saudi Arabia really hates right now in regard to Yemen, allying with the non Arab Shia Iran and pirating Qatari Beinsports because they thought why not , and they can't have their little cousins UAE beating them at something either, Saudi Arabia are the top dog of Arab Countries, watching them get beat by the Emiratis and a small arab island country is not supposed to be happen.

I reckon Newcastle will be the first Petro dollar club to win the CL.

You seem to be making enormous assumptions again here.

Nobody has confirmed 6 PL teams from what I can see. Newcastle do not have a turnover of 5-600 million. The takeover hasnt happened, and was meant to have happened over the last 2 summers. I'd really advise waiting to see what happens before getting very angsty about hypothetical scenarios that may never play out mate.

I'm pretty sure the guy in question said it would be done in 2020 summer. Lots of people saying they would sign Mbappe. Let's wait and see. From experience in business, when people are serious, they tend to move quickly. This has been very delayed.

If they are, what everyone suggests, it will be awful news for Liverpool and to a degree Manchester United. While that would make me laugh, I'm not convinced. Newcastle could well go down this season.

You do know how competitive the Arab royal families are right lol.

When one does something they do it more expensive or bigger and the circle continues. lol

They will spend and want to beat the Qataris who Saudi Arabia really hates right now in regard to Yemen, allying with the non Arab Shia Iran and pirating Qatari Beinsports because they thought why not , and they can't have their little cousins UAE beating them at something either, Saudi Arabia are the top dog of Arab Countries, watching them get beat by the Emiratis and a small arab island country is not supposed to be happen.

I reckon Newcastle will be the first Petro dollar club to win the CL.

You seem to be pitching yourself on Arabic Royal families, while simultaneously using racist tropes. I would suggest you are not an expert on them at all.

@Theoneandonly post was very astute and balanced by comparison. I really would avoid getting too upset and panicking over this. I'm sure FSGs prudence will come in handy either way ?

I fully expect this takeover to be orchestrated by some bandit ‘crown prince’ that’s about 2 steps closer to the throne than me, ie some no mark 15th cousin 28 times removed from anyone with serious clout. Still likely to spend more than Ashley but nothing like the ambition of City’s owners

I seem to remember similar. We will see. Maybe they will sign Mbappe, but I highly doubt it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back