• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Newcastle Utd (and Viz)

I fully expect this takeover to be orchestrated by some bandit ‘crown prince’ that’s about 2 steps closer to the throne than me, ie some no mark 15th cousin 28 times removed from anyone with serious clout. Still likely to spend more than Ashley but nothing like the ambition of City’s owners

That's what I would put money on.

Mid ranking court official, who has probably convinced them they can get a return. Probably an initial outlay, and turning the tap off a couple of years in would be my guess (a bit like Wolves).

You seem to be making enormous assumptions again here.

Nobody has confirmed 6 PL teams from what I can see. Newcastle do not have a turnover of 5-600 million. The takeover hasnt happened, and was meant to have happened over the last 2 summers. I'd really advise waiting to see what happens before getting very angsty about hypothetical scenarios that may never play out mate.

I'm pretty sure the guy in question said it would be done in 2020 summer. Lots of people saying they would sign Mbappe. Let's wait and see. From experience in business, when people are serious, they tend to move quickly. This has been very delayed.

If they are, what everyone suggests, it will be awful news for Liverpool and to a degree Manchester United. While that would make me laugh, I'm not convinced. Newcastle could well go down this season.
36 club expansion with the top 6 coefficient countries getting extra spots was being reported for 2024, it was in the last UEFA meeting weeks before the Super League announcement.

Is UEFA going to give the likes of the Moldova Ukraine Russia Scotland Scandinavia etc the extra spots, i doubt it Mate.

PIF will turn that turnover, it will be tripled in 2-3 years to around £600 million plus, expect "Aramco" to be like what Etihad is at City, it will be plastered all over with other Saudi state owned companies, like City did with Puma they subsidise the kit deal (city were reported to be getting £30-£35 million from Puma and it was later announced at £65 million a year thanks to Mansour subsidising the contract just like he did with the nexen sleeve deal) PIF will quadruple any kit deal without blinking if it increases turnover like City did.

Last edited:

They cant do a city or chelsea anyway because of financial fair play, sure they will get around it to a certain degree but the days of going from nothingness to legit top 4 contenders over night are long gone.

They will have to build over several seasons and hope everything goes smoothly, which it rarely does. That said they could progress quicker than us due to already having a stadium fit for purpose and much better match day revenue etc

36 club expansion with the top 6 coefficient countries getting extra spots was being reported for 2024, it was in the last UEFA meeting weeks before the Super League announcement.

Is UEFA going to give the likes of the Moldova Ukraine Russia Scotland Scandinavia etc the extra spots, i doubt it Mate.

PIF will turn that turnover, it will be tripled in 2-3 years to around £600 million plus, expect "Aramco" to be like what Etihad is at City, it will be plastered all over with other Saudi state owned companies, like City did with Puma they subsidise the kit deal (city were rupoured to be getting £30 million from Puma and it was announced at £65 million a year thanks to Mansour subsidising the contract) PIF will quadruple any kit deal without blinking if it increases turnover like City did.

I dont think anybody is doubting it's a possibility, and even a reasonable possibility, but it's not a fact, which is how you (inaccurately) speak of it.

Just as the 600m is not a fact, and is a million miles from being so. Newcastles turnover is well below 600m. Yes they may grow it, but presently it is well below that point.

I hate the phrase, but you sound a little hysterical here mate. Lots can happen with this takeover. We have no idea how it will play out. I'd honestly sit back and relax a bit, rather than making yourself agitated by reporting things that might happen, as things that have happened.

Off Topic
You seem to be pitching yourself on Arabic Royal families, while simultaneously using racist tropes. I would suggest you are not an expert on them at all.

@Theoneandonly post was very astute and balanced by comparison. I really would avoid getting too upset and panicking over this. I'm sure FSGs prudence will come in handy either way ?
What racism did i use, have you heard "Persian", which is a ethnic group of the countries of iran, Iraq, Azerbeijan and parts of Afghanistan from the former Achaemenid Empire, is "Shia" a racist term, or is a sect of islam that split from the original sect of Sunni Islam a 100 years after islam was first founded in the 7th century, the grandson of the first prophet of Islam created the "Shia" sect.

Top dog is not racist, it means someone is or something or a entity at the top of the chain, it's a phrase, Like America or China are top dogs in the geopolitics sphere of the planet right now.

Try again Mate.

They cant do a city or chelsea anyway because of financial fair play, sure they will get around it to a certain degree but the days of going from nothingness to legit top 4 contenders over night are long gone.

They will have to build over several seasons and hope everything goes smoothly, which it rarely does. That said they could progress quicker than us due to already having a stadium fit for purpose and much better match day revenue etc
Won’t they just do what city have done and blag their commercial deals.

I don’t know what to make of it - all signs suggest another club competing right at the top of the league but then I’d already given up hope of us ever winning the league again in my lifetime.

People are expecting another city situation, but they forget, they only really had Billionaire Chelsea and Billionaire Man Utd to compete with.

Now theres 15 other billionaire owners in the Premier league to compete with.

And inflation in football has essentially eroded that spend power.

To blow the competition out of the water, in the way Cith and Chelsea did, means blowing out of the water Sheikh Mansour, and probably spending billions (mainly net) over a 3-4 year period. You have to also factor in, they are strting from a lower base than both City and especially Chelsea too.

I mean, it's a possibility. But its highly unlikely. I also cant compute that, with a consortium who have borrowed the (relatively) small amount of money to acquire the club, and have waited years to resolve this Bein thing (if indeed that was the central reason to stop the investment).

They could be relegated this season. At best they will finish around 12th. Depending if Bruce stays or not.

We could literally be in the Europa League next season.

We know we will have money to spend next season regardless.

It will take a lot of work for Newcastle to catch up.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back