• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Newcastle Utd (and Viz)

Should’ve brought Mbappe on today.

We can all dream but it looks desperate.

Is that consortium quite happy to be associated with Newcastle despite the all too obvious chance of relegation (yet again)? Tbh I think any chance of them continuing will be academic shortly anyway. PIF is to all intents and purposes a state controlled investment arm. Whichever way Ashley tries to rationalise it to himself and anyone who'll listen, the premier league won't they aren't that stupid.

We can all dream but it looks desperate.

Is that consortium quite happy to be associated with Newcastle despite the all too obvious chance of relegation (yet again)? Tbh I think any chance of them continuing will be academic shortly anyway. PIF is to all intents and purposes a state controlled investment arm. Whichever way Ashley tries to rationalise it to himself and anyone who'll listen, the premier league won't they aren't that stupid.
Along with Norwich, are certs for relegation. Could be about 5-6 others joining them.

Along with Norwich, are certs for relegation. Could be about 5-6 others joining them.
I've narrowed it down to Watford.

I reckon Burnley with Dyche will be fine.

Southampton have had some really tough fixtures but could struggle.

Palace another who could be in the mix

Can't even discount Brentford despite a good start. Too many promoted teams come down with the decorations in January.

Watford for me with Norwich and Newcastle

I've narrowed it down to Watford.

I reckon Burnley with Dyche will be fine.

Southampton have had some really tough fixtures but could struggle.

Palace another who could be in the mix

Can't even discount Brentford despite a good start. Too many promoted teams come down with the decorations in January.

Watford for me with Norwich and Newcastle
That’s what I thought as well. Between Watford and Brentford.
Really important for the promoted teams to get a strong start as the adrenaline and novelty of playing in the top league coupled with having smaller squads generally seems to fall away. Brentford do have goals in them but think they’ll be in the mix at the end.
I watched Brighton today and they still lack cutting edge but have a lot of quality and a good manager and will likely finish mid table. Southampton also.
I wonder if Newcastle will find it as easy to bounce back this time.

I wish we could keep losing but somehow not get relegated. If the Saudis/anyone who'll pay £300m+ aren't out of the picture already, they sure as hell will be if we end up in the Championship. But I love seeing Ashley and Bruce fail. Failure and misery is what the club deserves, the way it's ran.

I wish we could keep losing but somehow not get relegated. If the Saudis/anyone who'll pay £300m+ aren't out of the picture already, they sure as hell will be if we end up in the Championship. But I love seeing Ashley and Bruce fail. Failure and misery is what the club deserves, the way it's ran.

The Saudis are out of the picture mate.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back