• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Newcastle Utd (and Viz)

It's a sad indictment on our whole society really. Shows how underhand everything really is. I expect it of tories so am not surprised they have supposedly been having secret meetings with the Saudis to try to resolve the deal, but I'd expect labour mps to have stuck to their morals about it. Then Reuben planned for the board when he is a tory donor and close with Johnson. The premier league is a farce now and this makes them look so weak. Trying to pretend it isn't state owned despite all the funding being state controlled being overseen by the Crown prince. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I don't really care about whether they get taken over, or the fact they have money, most money in football is dirty as are most owners, but it just shows how corrupt everything is across the board.
I get and appreciate the sentiment but the UK (and most westerners) don't know real, severe corruption that a lot if not most people on this earth have to deal with. UK and western Europe are pretty lucky in the grand scheme of things.

It's Newcastle they are a bit like us , everything looks good then something comes along and boots you in the bollocks.
Saudis will either have a revolution or Iran will invade ,within a year or two, you just know it will happen .

Can see something new being brought in by the PL at the behest of at least 4 of the Sky 6.
They fought pretty hard to make sure the takeover doesn't go through and I can't see them just shrugging their shoulders and admit defeat.
Can see 1 of 2, either the ESL will make a reappearance, this time backed by Sky.
Or some form of wage cap, limiting spending in a very particular way.
On a side note, David Reuben will be on the board.

Was all a smoke screen to stop wide spread piracy of league games. And the league didn't reject it, they questioned it until the Saudi's pulled out.

As mentioned before, no matter the amount spent they're still years away from a top 7 finish never mind fighting the elite. End up buying bench warmers from PSG for ridiculous wages. Trust me...it's what we do.

I know it's a north thing, but why league and not union?

Leagues a far quicker, higher scoring game.

Union is about scrums, and field position, and more tactical. League is more enjoyable, quicker and overall not as Tory as Union.

That said, Super League quality over the last 6-7 years has been diabolical. It's so poorly organised, and run, it makes Kenwright look like Sheikh Mansour.

If the takeover goes through I can honestly see the big 6 having a moment and trying to get the PL to make some small print that makes them even more untouchable. Newcastles best way forward (imo) would be to get a decent coach with a record of improving players and doing a more big money version of what the likes of Leipzig/Brentford do and buying up the best young talent around and improving them and seeing where they are after a few years. They are not just going to challenge for CL and for the title straight away like fans think imo.

They won't though. They do that cos of budget limitations. These will just aim high straight away.

Leagues a far quicker, higher scoring game.

Union is about scrums, and field position, and more tactical. League is more enjoyable, quicker and overall not as Tory as Union.

That said, Super League quality over the last 6-7 years has been diabolical. It's so poorly organised, and run, it makes Kenwright look like Sheikh Mansour.
I watched Leeds vs Warrington (I think?) this year and I remember Leeds lost because the Wolves scored a try on something they should've been penalized for. It was absolutely amateur Sunday league stuff.
And we all know Super League went to crap because Bradford went down :cool:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back