• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Newcastle Utd (and Viz)

You have to question how emotionally invested in the club you are if you cant be annoyed another tinpot side is set to likely overtake us and win trophies etc. Whilst we remain mismanaged for decades because some awab despot is bored and wants to sports wash their murderous image.

What's the point buying season tickets etc. When the league is a fiddle from the get go? If it goes the way its likely then in a few years the top 7 euro spots are likely decided before a ball has been kicked - thats not competition its a farce more scripted than the wrestling.
It’s just people trying to save a bit of face for assuring us they would never be sold, Cognitive Dissonance FC

That's where it'll get ridiculous.

You want to expand St James Park? Easy. Here's £500mill. It's infrastructure so it's not associated with FFP. You want naming rights? Bang here's £1billion for rights. Go spend £500mill risk free without getting near FFP.

Drop of a hat funds. I'm not worried, jealous, or upset by it as they've got to perform on the pitch...but come on, that level of no questions asked investment is ridiculous.
Can see something new being brought in by the PL at the behest of at least 4 of the Sky 6.
They fought pretty hard to make sure the takeover doesn't go through and I can't see them just shrugging their shoulders and admit defeat.
Can see 1 of 2, either the ESL will make a reappearance, this time backed by Sky.
Or some form of wage cap, limiting spending in a very particular way.
On a side note, David Reuben will be on the board.

Can see something new being brought in by the PL at the behest of at least 4 of the Sky 6.
They fought pretty hard to make sure the takeover doesn't go through and I can't see them just shrugging their shoulders and admit defeat.
Can see 1 of 2, either the ESL will make a reappearance, this time backed by Sky.
Or some form of wage cap, limiting spending in a very particular way.
On a side note, David Reuben will be on the board.

They could have Pol Pot on the board and the spineless Premier League would simply turn one of it’s seemingly inexhaustible supply of blind eyes.

I keep reading this yet everytime I’ve been there they must hide it away. It’s a dump around there and somewhere I wouldn’t wanna be walking round late at night.

I think you need to just take into perspective exactly what they've done.

The training grounds, etc are only the start. Their plan is to completely regenerate an entire area, similar to what Peel want to do with the North of Liverpool.

New Arena, Want new housing estates. THey're doing a lot. But right now, the area is vile, but it's progressing each year to new levels. One of a kind owners.

Who cares if they get taken over really? Doesn't matter how rich your owners are if you can't spend it anyway. Most clubs have billionaire owners now, we are owned by a multi multi billionaire and are still mid table, finishing in lower positions than we did prior to being taken over.

Eventually, there will be enough argument to scrap ffp altogether and it will just be a free for all. Money ruined football a long time ago, this isn't changing anything.

It’s just people trying to save a bit of face for assuring us they would never be sold, Cognitive Dissonance FC

I dont know why they continue to make fools of themselves. Was embarassing when City were bending us over for Lescott and our fans were bouncing around with "9 league titles lad" fast forward a decade later and they have almost overtaken our century+ haul.

Dont get me wrong it could go tits up but every Oil backed club (City, PSG) have ignored FFP and become top dogs in the matter of seasons. More than likely Newcastle could follow suit whilst we pretend we are too cool to care that its another big obstacle in our way to ever be relevant again instead of just making up the numbers.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back