• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Newcastle Utd (and Viz)

Brilliant this. You questioning my pashun credentials lad? We haven’t won the league since 1987 and I’ve seen very little to suggest that will change anytime soon so I don’t know why anyone gives a flying one to be honest. We’re about 10 years behind a team like Chelsea who won’t even win the league this season.
If I let myself get angry at ever other clubs success, or potential, I’d be walking around kicking small dogs in the park.

Exactly and now another gazillionaire club is gonna waltz past us be it 3,5,10 years because the leagues a farce now.

The ESL cant happen soon enough and pray the lot of them go for good.

You have to question how emotionally invested in the club you are if you cant be annoyed another tinpot side is set to likely overtake us and win trophies etc. Whilst we remain mismanaged for decades because some awab despot is bored and wants to sports wash their murderous image.

What's the point buying season tickets etc. When the league is a fiddle from the get go? If it goes the way its likely then in a few years the top 7 euro spots are likely decided before a ball has been kicked - thats not competition its a farce more scripted than the wrestling.
So immediately they're buying stars who will transform the club (and agree to live in the NE)? Is that the only scenario? Or could they do an Everton and splash loads of cash on players who fail?

I think you really need to calm down.

Im calm mate - its the "too cool for skool" bollox from some that annoys me - was the same when Citeh got their millions our fans claiming they are a small club who wouldn't take Lescott from us etc.

The PL is geared for the richest clubs to be the most successful and Newcastle are by far the richest.

They'll eventually get there its how much Usmanov is comitted to us / what FFP allows that will determine any hopes we have of competing long term.

Im calm mate - its the "too cool for skool" bollox from some that annoys me - was the same when Citeh got their millions our fans claiming they are a small club who wouldn't take Lescott from us etc.

The PL is geared for the richest clubs to be the most successful and Newcastle are by far the richest.

They'll eventually get there its how much Usmanov is comitted to us / what FFP allows that will determine any hopes we have of competing long term.

Why is the only option that they “do a Man City”? We’ve spent something the 3rd highest amount of money in the league in the past 5 years and look at the state of us. You think it’s beyond the realms of possibility that they’d do something like buy Adama Traore for £70m to make a “statement”?

Why would it have been a disaster under Ashley? It’s happened twice before but due to his shrewd running of the club they’ve been effectively able to blitz the competition in the Championship and come straight back up.

Yes I think they'd come straight back up regardless tbh but was more concentrating on it wouldn't be a disaster to the new consortium's long term plans. If the takeover had been delayed the mere fact of going down again may have made them have second thoughts without a huge discount on the agreed fee or to restart to negotiate the entire deal from scratch.

Tbh if you look at last season when second season syndromers Sheff Utd were accompanied by recently promoted Fulham and West Brom back down to the championship. All three relegated teams just promoted within the last two years then while recently relegated Norwich and Watford were promoted with the other just relegated team Bournemouth only losing out in the playoffs - they'll most likely go up this year instead. So taking this together with early days this season and Norwich and Watford already likely relegation candidates while Fulham and West Brom promotion probables it seems the gap between the prem and championship is getting massive

Relegated teams, despite losing key players and major disruption and sinking morale are still looking best chances to come straight back up while recently promoted teams straight back down.

Sheff Utd are recovering from a truly miserable start and now could easily be promoted again too via the playoffs. Brentford have made a great start but who would bet against them doing a Sheff Utd and being relegated next year if not this season?

Why is the only option that they “do a Man City”? We’ve spent something the 3rd highest amount of money in the league in the past 5 years and look at the state of us. You think it’s beyond the realms of possibility that they’d do something like buy Adama Traore for £70m to make a “statement”?

They could but more than likely they'll appoint proper people and not keep Kenwright on / appoint a scout to be DOF etc.

Some chronic bed wetting in here now. I hope they spend a billion and piss the league now. Come on the toon

It`s all so predictable from the usual bedwetters..

Insert club here -------------------------------- Leeds, Villa, West Ham and now Newcastle ( again )

Team wins a few games on the bounce.
Team gets new owners.
Team gets a new shiny manager.

Let the bedwetting commence.

Rinse and repeat every season.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back