• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Newcastle Utd (and Viz)

Yeah

They don’t own their ground. The residential areas haven’t had any improvements which is what the media PR refer too when they go on about the massive improvements to the area.

What does that matter ?? We wont own the land our ground is on either, we have a 99 year lease.

And when has it been private companies job to improve homes and social care ??

Not sure why you are even bringing it up, no relevance to a Business adding to its commercial portfolio.

I have never read of Everton improving housing estates close to BM or Goodison.

What does that matter ?? We wont own the land our ground is on either, we have a 99 year lease.

Not sure why you are even bringing it up, no relevance to a Business adding to its commercial portfolio.

I have never read of Everton improving housing estates close to BM

I have never read of Everton improving housing estates close to BM or Goodison.
Calm down catcher

I find that strange.

"The State of Saudi may not run the football club!"

"The Public Investment Fund of the State of Saudi may however use its unlimited funds to run the football club!"

Very peculiar.

They will attract better better players and bigger names than we did when we came into money. We aren't that rich but mosh has been willing to spend like an Arab trillionaire. Difference is the Arab clobber and the media sensationalising it will turn heads of players.
Problem is they'll be competing with a lot of other mega-rich clubs for the top players. They're a club that's won nothing in over 50 years & they're located in one of the less desirable parts of England. They ain't gonna be another City or Chelsea for quite some time.

How odious is modern day football these days btw

Qatar World Cup
Grubby agents
Despot royals and russian gangsters owning clubs
Ludicrous wages

Sometimes I wish I wasn't so emotionally invested in Everton as I would have jibbed it off for Rugby League years ago
That's why they all look to buy into English clubs & nowhere else. Fans are as loyal as labradors.

Why don't we just nationalize the whole thing. An honest wage cap, honest ticket prices, cheap TV-coverage, limited transfers. Everybody happy, may the best club win.
I doubt anybody will care the quality of play will be low

That's why they all look to buy into English clubs & nowhere else. Fans are as loyal as labradors.

Why don't we just nationalize the whole thing. An honest wage cap, honest ticket prices, cheap TV-coverage, limited transfers. Everybody happy, may the best club win.
I doubt anybody will care the quality of play will be low

A nice idea but any politician who mentioned that would be getting a "suprise" from Abramovich / Usmanov / Mansour / Villas guys

No way to put the tooth paste back in the tube

they literally need 10 new players before they are even a mid table team, plus with FFP restrictions (that only Everton seem to abide by) they can’t go out and buy any superstars. they will be in the same bracket as Leicester, West Ham and Everton for the next 5 years - eventually they will probably over take us all i’m sure

They are starting from a much lower base then we where. We where in Europe I think. There in the north east which isn’t great weather. They might catch up eventually but it’s going to cost them at least 500 mil

Yes, they are starting from a lower base. But they already have the stadium so they can just concentrate on the team. We skunked our money up the wall, Rooney, Siggy, Sandro, etc etc. Koeman & Walsh were jokes. A decent manager takes over & they will certainly finish top half to begin with, prob next season like. They’ll be in a much healthier position than us after the end of next season. We’ll be building BMD & our purse strings will still be tight whilst they’ll be throwing the cash around.

Always good to see a team who hasn't achieved anything, be able to suddenly compete.

Can't begrudge any fans who haven't seen their team win a pot, compete in europe etc.

But it's this...

It's yet another example of the Premier League not being fit for purpose.

+1

Rich people = generally bad eggs. We all know that, hell even small time celebrities try and use offshore tax companies to avoid capital gains or what ever they're doing which most of us plebs wouldn't do.

Usmanov / Moshiri, Khaldoon Al Mubarak / Sheikh Mansour, Stan Kroenke, Abramovich, Nassef Sawiris and the rest will have no doubt done dodgy things, bent the lines of the financial laws etc to get the wealth they have.

But... they're not a country. They're certainly not a country with abhorrent human rights violations.

What is going to annoy me is that they will no doubt do it better than how it's gone for us, maybe not on the pitch (though we've not exactly done well since), but off the pitch and it's already started.

Yet Moshiri has stuck with Kenwright and the old guard and is still sticking with them.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back