• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Newcastle Utd (and Viz)

+1

Rich people = generally bad eggs. We all know that, hell even small time celebrities try and use offshore tax companies to avoid capital gains or what ever they're doing which most of us plebs wouldn't do.

Usmanov / Moshiri, Khaldoon Al Mubarak / Sheikh Mansour, Stan Kroenke, Abramovich, Nassef Sawiris and the rest will have no doubt done dodgy things, bent the lines of the financial laws etc to get the wealth they have.

But... they're not a country. They're certainly not a country with abhorrent human rights violations.

What is going to annoy me is that they will no doubt do it better than how it's gone for us, maybe not on the pitch (though we've not exactly done well since), but off the pitch and it's already started.

Yet Moshiri has stuck with Kenwright and the old guard and is still sticking with them.

That's where it'll get ridiculous.

You want to expand St James Park? Easy. Here's £500mill. It's infrastructure so it's not associated with FFP. You want naming rights? Bang here's £1billion for rights. Go spend £500mill risk free without getting near FFP.

Drop of a hat funds. I'm not worried, jealous, or upset by it as they've got to perform on the pitch...but come on, that level of no questions asked investment is ridiculous.

+1

Rich people = generally bad eggs. We all know that, hell even small time celebrities try and use offshore tax companies to avoid capital gains or what ever they're doing which most of us plebs wouldn't do.

Usmanov / Moshiri, Khaldoon Al Mubarak / Sheikh Mansour, Stan Kroenke, Abramovich, Nassef Sawiris and the rest will have no doubt done dodgy things, bent the lines of the financial laws etc to get the wealth they have.

But... they're not a country. They're certainly not a country with abhorrent human rights violations.

What is going to annoy me is that they will no doubt do it better than how it's gone for us, maybe not on the pitch (though we've not exactly done well since), but off the pitch and it's already started.

Yet Moshiri has stuck with Kenwright and the old guard and is still sticking with them.

Hence why Kenwright sold to Moshiri.

People forget QIA (PIF version of Qatar) wanted to buy into us but Kenwright wouldnt budge because they would have booted him, same with Chinese and other less wealthy groups.

Mosh/Uz only got in the door by giving that loser a place on the board still.

Some chronic bed wetting in here now. I hope they spend a billion and piss the league now. Come on the toon

You have to question how emotionally invested in the club you are if you cant be annoyed another tinpot side is set to likely overtake us and win trophies etc. Whilst we remain mismanaged for decades because some awab despot is bored and wants to sports wash their murderous image.

What's the point buying season tickets etc. When the league is a fiddle from the get go? If it goes the way its likely then in a few years the top 7 euro spots are likely decided before a ball has been kicked - thats not competition its a farce more scripted than the wrestling.

You have to question how emotionally invested in the club you are if you cant be annoyed another tinpot side is set to likely overtake us and win trophies etc. Whilst we remain mismanaged for decades because some awab despot is bored and wants to sports wash their murderous image.

What's the point buying season tickets etc. When the league is a fiddle from the get go? If it goes the way its likely then in a few years the top 7 euro spots are likely decided before a ball has been kicked - thats not competition its a farce more scripted than the wrestling.
We need to rename you Forevertheoptimistblue92

Brilliant this. You questioning my pashun credentials lad? We haven’t won the league since 1987 and I’ve seen very little to suggest that will change anytime soon so I don’t know why anyone gives a flying one to be honest. We’re about 10 years behind a team like Chelsea who won’t even win the league this season.
If I let myself get angry at ever other clubs success, or potential, I’d be walking around kicking small dogs in the park.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back