• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Newcastle Utd (and Viz)

I watched Leeds vs Warrington (I think?) this year and I remember Leeds lost because the Wolves scored a try on something they should've been penalized for. It was absolutely amateur Sunday league stuff.
And we all know Super League went to crap because Bradford went down :cool:

I don’t even know where to begin with where it all went wrong.

How long have you got? Might stop moaning about it In About 2035. Amateur stuff.

Imagine being the brains behind giving away a free sponsorship to Eddie Stobart, and turning down millions as “exposure” is more important.

So Eddie Stobart stuck Super league players on the side of 150 of their 2500 fleet. Logic.

So, instead of resolving the Piracy issue, which has been swept under the carpet with - one assumes - a non-binding agreement to stop the Piracy (until such time as sanctioning the new owners of NUFC becomes impossible to sustain).. and, instead of amending the PL Ownership rules to avoid Sportswashing (if indeed they ever do such a thing) we reach an impasse which says "it's ok, they said they aren't the left hand of the SA regime, they promise to stop the Piracy gig and it matters not that their state is involved in Human Rights Abuses and the alleged murder of journalists etc." - don't worry, everything's ok..

Nothing against Newcastle in the least - the blame lies with the PL. And we're going to remind them until Time Immemorial that they let the latest dodgy owners into their exclusive club.

And I for one will never step inside SJP or The Etihad - and several other grounds - as a consequence.

Anything that riles up the moralistic idealists is fine by me.

Meanwhile let's fondly talk of Uncle Uzzy and ignore the fact we'd be dancing in the streets if an oil rich state backed sportswash came Everton's way.

An Oil rich state did come Everton’s way but the worlds biggest blue directed them down the M62..

It's a sad indictment on our whole society really. Shows how underhand everything really is. I expect it of tories so am not surprised they have supposedly been having secret meetings with the Saudis to try to resolve the deal, but I'd expect labour mps to have stuck to their morals about it. Then Reuben planned for the board when he is a tory donor and close with Johnson. The premier league is a farce now and this makes them look so weak. Trying to pretend it isn't state owned despite all the funding being state controlled being overseen by the Crown prince. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I don't really care about whether they get taken over, or the fact they have money, most money in football is dirty as are most owners, but it just shows how corrupt everything is across the board.
If Daesh had decided to sportswash with football instead of behead journaists the PL would have happily taken their cash.

That’s now 9 teams by my reckoning with substantial financial backing in the PL, the top 6 plus us, Leicester and Newcastle. We’ve been hamstrung by Koeman’s FFP nightmare but that will start to fall away as we roll off those big contracts. We’re in danger of actually having some competition back in the PL and wouldn’t it be so much better for it? If the top 4 was City Chelsea Newcastle Everton one season, then Leicester and Arsenal were in it next time? Maybe then we’d see an actual competition rather than the rigged doped up procession we see every season now between the same odd teams going around battering everyone by massive scores and barely dropping points.

Anything that riles up the moralistic idealists is fine by me.

Meanwhile let's fondly talk of Uncle Uzzy and ignore the fact we'd be dancing in the streets if an oil rich state backed sportswash came Everton's way.
Watching people fall over themselves to criticise the Saudis while we have a convicted rapist and known gangsta pumping millions into the club is amazing to watch.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back