• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Newcastle Utd (and Viz)

You are forgetting Villa and Wolves. It is getting to the stage where just getting into the top half will be an achievement

I can see the top 6 trying to break again. The likes of Liverpool Spurs and Arsenal know that their days of just spending enough to keep ahead of the rest of the pack who had nothing is over. They despise competition.

I can see the top 6 trying to break again. The likes of Liverpool Spurs and Arsenal know that their days of just spending enough to keep ahead of the rest of the pack who had nothing is over. They despise competition.

Would the break include Spurs now? Genuinely a question.
I know Arsenal are a huge global name but are Spurs? Would they rather bin them off and keep more of the pot.

Would the break include Spurs now? Genuinely a question.
I know Arsenal are a huge global name but are Spurs? Would they rather bin them off and keep more of the pot.

Spurs will do all they can to stay in it. They must know they’re a declining force now. A combo of Pochettino and Kane kept them relevant but they simply can’t match the spending power of other teams whilst they pay for that stadium.

Sooner or later, and perhaps if this takeover is half as game-changing as the Geordies hope, some critical mass will be reached in the PL that will ripple though the whole league and beyond.

There is potential now for a lot of clubs to take points off each other with regularity and unpredictability. It seems feasible that the points totals to win the PL and finish in the top 4 will fall and reach a plateau. It's becoming harder to see one dominant club or two clubs compete head to head in a given season for the title.

Ultimately the more cash rich clubs, the less incentive there is for rich owners and states to funnel yet more cash in to compete. It's very much a case of diminishing returns and a much reduced ROI.

I'm not sure where this leaves us. It's irrelevant in one sense if we can't get our own house in order. I still think that it's a case of working smarter and not harder. We don't appear to have the calibre of personnel to carve out a vision and a way of getting there.

They'll bin Bruce within 48hrs of takeover and go for Conte, these are gonna go huge, city levels I think.

Fair play to them, be boss being a Newcastle fan right about now

Spurs will do all they can to stay in it. They must know they’re a declining force now. A combo of Pochettino and Kane kept them relevant but they simply can’t match the spending power of other teams whilst they pay for that stadium.

I think they’ll go for it again, and I think this time they’ll go back will a fuller force, and get exactly who they want.

That means they’ll have your Ajax, PSG and Bayern’s and Spurs will be forgotten, if it held on 10 more years I’d probably say Arsenal too.

lol lol lol

Their net worth is currently 500billion.

When the oil runs out, they will still have more than 500billion.
Maybe.
Not even Rome was eternal or Mike Ashley/ Ferguson story etc,etc

he dosent need Newcastle united forever. Politics and this is where the polishing of the image MSB and business begins.

Johnson is that puppy and show to be continued.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back