Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
His name alone is bigger than us it just won't happen. Yearh Money talks but ancelotti isn't that stupid and he probably doesn't even need the money

None of them need the money mate , they’re all stinking rich . If you’re Koeman why do you need a job that’s done what Everton has clearly done to him even for the money but he’s still here , at the minute at least and he’ll work again once he goes .

I edited my post after you’d replied mate but ancelotti is a short price for West Ham and I've deffo heard him spoken of in relation to that job . Like I say I don’t think it’s an appointment that’ll necessarily happen but I do think it’s much more likely than a Moyes . If you were there today tell that crowd , most of which left early , they’re getting Moyes back you’re not going to fill BM in a hurry are you ?

Not a chance.
Hes gonna get Scotland job.

Will be Rhino next on an interim basis.

I'll be happy of Unsworth gets it short term, I think that would be best for the players as he'll have been around the players, will have an idea what's going on, give some of them an arm around the shoulder, try and get a bit of fire in their belly, try and set us up to be tough to beat, dogs of war mentality yet hopefully with the talent in the squad be able to harness it.

It probably sounds like I'm being a romantic and I'm not saying give him a 5 year deal, I'm just saying right now we need someone who can really rally the players, get the fans onside and get some belief going. I think even Ancelotti would fail as things stand so I think we need an internal appointment just to straighten this mess out

What are the chances of placing him on gardening leave untill he decides to resign and take the dutch job?
Or do a Niasse on him, tell him he'll have to go elsewhere to coach a first team and put him in charge of the U23s, we'll need someone to replace Unsworth. Oh, and take his locker off him!

I'll be happy of Unsworth gets it short term, I think that would be best for the players as he'll have been around the players, will have an idea what's going on, give some of them an arm around the shoulder, try and get a bit of fire in their belly, try and set us up to be tough to beat, dogs if war mentality yet hopefully with the talent in the squad be able to harness it.

It probably sounds like I'm being a romantic their and I'm not saying give him a 5 year deal, I'm just saying right now we need someone who can really rally the players, get the fans onside and get some belief going. I think even Ancelotti would fail as things stand so I think we need an internal appointment just to straighten this mess out

I completely agree. Short term.

The players need galvanising. They need lifting. They have quality but they lack belief, inspiration and look drained mentally.

Rhino will more than likely make them feel better about themselves, tell them what it means to wear the jersey and get them a TEAM again rathr than just individuals.

I think he would play some of the young kids to which in turn gets the crowd onside.

My dream ticket is Carlo with Rhino assistant. But right now I would take any of them.

I'll be happy of Unsworth gets it short term, I think that would be best for the players as he'll have been around the players, will have an idea what's going on, give some of them an arm around the shoulder, try and get a bit of fire in their belly, try and set us up to be tough to beat, dogs of war mentality yet hopefully with the talent in the squad be able to harness it.

It probably sounds like I'm being a romantic and I'm not saying give him a 5 year deal, I'm just saying right now we need someone who can really rally the players, get the fans onside and get some belief going. I think even Ancelotti would fail as things stand so I think we need an internal appointment just to straighten this mess out
This 100%. Also Ancelotti has already come out and said he is taking a year out of football.

The more I think about it I think Unsworth should get a chance, Heres my 10 reasons for this.

1,If we get an established manager there's no gurantee it will work, look at out last 2 opointments.
2,We got Moyes in from a lower level and he turned out OK.
3,Unsworth is a previous player who has acually won something here, Everton means something to him.
4,He would be respected from the off, is well known by all and even being boss the players would think of him as one of the lads, general feel good atmosphere all around.
5,If things were starting to go wrong I think he would take on board the players view, something I bet Koeman just dismisses.
6,He's hung around for the job, but his work with the U23s won't have gone un missed, he won't wait forever.
7,Cheap option.
8,If we started to succeed, I'm sure he would give youth a chance.
9,He's still young and would be very eager to succeed, I don't think he would see us as a stepping stone to bigger things.
10,It might just be one of them thing that just clicks and works.

Not saying I’d be happy about it but I can see Moyes coming back.

I literally can't picture that happening, I just can't. Kenwright would get lynched, attendance for his first game would be 10,000, we'd have effectively surrendered our position in the Premier League. In no scenario can I see David Moyes as Everton manager in 2017.

Last edited:
I completely agree. Short term.

The players need galvanising. They need lifting. They have quality but they lack belief, inspiration and look drained mentally.

Rhino will more than likely make them feel better about themselves, tell them what it means to wear the jersey and get them a TEAM again rathr than just individuals.

I think he would play some of the young kids to which in turn gets the crowd onside.

My dream ticket is Carlo with Rhino assistant. But right now I would take any of them.

I like his ethos of constantly saying in interviews that to play for Everton ( and this is just the u23's ) they demand to win ebcsisr they are playing for Everton.

I totally understand that's u23 football but I've watched enough u23 football to see that group of players would jump in front of a bus for him, stop the bus and push it backwards or to wherever he asks.

Team spirit is massive. We have big players in our team who are rudderless and without direction, the big players don't know their roles. Even that type of player need an arm round the shoulder once in a while, whilst others need a rocket up their arse.

I literally can't picture that happening, I just can't. Kenwright would get lynched, attendance for his first game would be 20,000, we'd have effectively surrendered our position in the Premier League. In no scenario can I see David Moyes as Everton manager in 2017.
Yes it would be a bad move, Moyes did ok but the Scottish job suit him.

I like his ethos of constantly saying in interviews that to play for Everton ( and this is just the u23's ) they demand to win ebcsisr they are playing for Everton.

I totally understand that's u23 football but I've watched enough u23 football to see that group of players would jump in front of a bus for him, stop the bus and push it backwards or to wherever he asks.

Team spirit is massive. We have big players in our team who are rudderless and without direction, the big players don't know their roles. Even that type of player need an arm round the shoulder once in a while, whilst others need a rocket up their arse.

Spot on.

So many lazy managers jumping on bandwagons trying to copy barcelona without the world class players. We need someone who gets everton and understands what we expect as a minimum .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back