Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I know mate regarding the likes of Ancelotti and Tuchel wouldn't come mate. The point I was trying to make would be a top club, a well run club, a club with ambition would have approached either of them and got their man, your city, utd, scruffs across the park, arsenal, Chelsea or spurs. Then there's us, apparently trying to break into this and with a final 2 on the shortlist of Fonseca and Allardyce, chalk and cheese, night and day.

Come the summer I don't expect us to do anything of note whatsoever Ste and the reason is -

January window - we'll get a left back....surely we'll get a left back....erm where is the left back
Koeman sacked - we'll get a top manager....surely we'll get a decent manager.....erm we'll settle for Allardyce
Summer window - we'll get a top striker/left back....surely we'll get a striker top striker and left back......erm we won't get a top striker or a left back

Same pattern, rinse and repeat.

I think the owners are joke, the people on the board are a joke, the DoF I couldn't print what I think of him without getting my account suspended mate, the manager is a joke, half the squad is a joke

So what I'm going to do this summer is set my bar as low as humanly possible and just assume Allardyce will stay in charge, our targets will be piss poor players and expect at best a top 10 finish.

All good points mate.

My take on it, whatever the situation is at the club, no organisation can work properly when there is two bosses in essence, and thats the root of the problem, Moshiri is the majority owner, but the old guard still remain in position, so you will have a split throughout the club, certain people will be untouchable and kept in position due to the connections with one party or the other (my guess is the ones close to Kenwright is the major fly in the ointment).

For any significant change to happen there needs to be one clear direction, one clear boss and one clear owner ultimately.

Because right now we have a situation, where we will end up going with compromise choices and it muddles responsibility, whose choice was Allardyce, whose choice was a variety of these players?

Need a clear owner, competent CEO - who understands football, a new DoF chosen by that new CEO, a new manager chosen by that new DOF who fits the model wanted by CEO/DoF and ultimately owner.

If we end up with a Fonseca/Silva type then it has to be because thats what the clear direction of the football we want to play is, and every manager who follows on has to fit into that model.

Until we have a clear direction off the pitch, we have not a prayer in hel of a clear direction on the pitch. Ultimately it won't come until we have one man with ultimate responsibility for the direction of the club, a true Director of football, one who handles the long term 'project' - because frankly we have heard that project word thrown around by everyone in the club for 2+ years now, and what succesful project doesn't realsie that you need a genuine and undisputed project manager to have any hope.

Right now it reminds me of we are making an everton movie, we have so far had 5 different scriptwriters and 4 directors so far and have ended up like any movie that has that - an utter nonsensical mess.

See mate, that isn't true. As much as you can name failed managers/players from overseas, it is just as easy to name succesful ones. the last English manager to win the league? See what i mean.

It comes down to scouting, and proper clubs can scout better players and ours go as far as barnsley and watching match of the day.

Just signing from within england isn't succesful, more so when you sign from beneath you in the process. It costs more and its the lazy version of transfer business, which is why Walsh should be gone well before the summer.

the fact we insist on staying local despite any reward for doing so is pretty strange even for a club with money allegedly.

I was going to reply to the post you quoted by sayin Manchester City’s and Chelsea’ s squad and manager say helllo and then mention Leicester , but you phrased it much more eloquently

All good points mate.

My take on it, whatever the situation is at the club, no organisation can work properly when there is two bosses in essence, and thats the root of the problem, Moshiri is the majority owner, but the old guard still remain in position, so you will have a split throughout the club, certain people will be untouchable and kept in position due to the connections with one party or the other (my guess is the ones close to Kenwright is the major fly in the ointment).

For any significant change to happen there needs to be one clear direction, one clear boss and one clear owner ultimately.

Because right now we have a situation, where we will end up going with compromise choices and it muddles responsibility, whose choice was Allardyce, whose choice was a variety of these players?

Need a clear owner, competent CEO - who understands football, a new DoF chosen by that new CEO, a new manager chosen by that new DOF who fits the model wanted by CEO/DoF and ultimately owner.

If we end up with a Fonseca/Silva type then it has to be because thats what the clear direction of the football we want to play is, and every manager who follows on has to fit into that model.

Until we have a clear direction off the pitch, we have not a prayer in hel of a clear direction on the pitch. Ultimately it won't come until we have one man with ultimate responsibility for the direction of the club, a true Director of football, one who handles the long term 'project' - because frankly we have heard that project word thrown around by everyone in the club for 2+ years now, and what succesful project doesn't realsie that you need a genuine and undisputed project manager to have any hope.

Right now it reminds me of we are making an everton movie, we have so far had 5 different scriptwriters and 4 directors so far and have ended up like any movie that has that - an utter nonsensical mess.
This....we can waffle and speculate about our next manager ad nauseum but until the situation as outlined above is addressed it is academic. We need clear decisions being made at board level, and an ambitious attitude to take us forward ..this is clearly not the case at the moment. Just sort it moshiri or I can see us still with the same problems next year

Am I insane to think that Conte might be tempted? He aint going to be at Chelsea next season, and give him control over players/targets, well, you never know.
My wife would be happy with that
She reckons her old favourite Jose hasn’t aged well and Antonio is cute even though he’s on the short side.
However when I mentioned his 3 hair transplants and showed her pictures she went off him a bit.
She’d still watch him though so it’s a yes from me for the sake of domestic harmony.

Make Jardim an offer. He can’t stay much longer at Monaco and PSG will want a celebrity coach when they eventually get rid of Emery.

Has all of the attributes - used to working on a budget, adaptable tactically, gets on well with players, great with youth, and has come through the hard way. I think his achievements are tremendous but with PSG’s dominance he seems to have gone off the radar somewhat.

Some club will nab him and they’ll have got themselves a gem.
Tax free Monaco says hello
Also I don’t think Russian ogliarchs who own football clubs like upsetting each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back