Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't matter who we get. the Players aren't interested.

Ignoring formations, tactics and not being bothered about performing will just get the next one fired as well.
It's cheaper to fire the manager than to bin the squad.
Im no sure how much i agree with that tbh. Look at the last 2 managers we have had, the first one had the personality of a concrete block and the current one makes the dinosaurs look like modern dna engineering, i can't imagine it is easy to get motivated under either of them especially with the chopping and changing of lineups we have had. The only point that i possibly would agree on with regards to the players is the fat Sam has managed far worse squads than ours and got them playing together, so it does possibly suggest some emphasis of blame on the players just not being bothered.

Allardyce will still be here next season, unless they're talking to Silva, neither proposition is exciting. As many have said on this thread which manager out there with any kind of ambition/reputation would want the job?

Allardyce will still be here next season, unless they're talking to Silva, neither proposition is exciting. As many have said on this thread which manager out there with any kind of ambition/reputation would want the job?

All but the very top ones already in top jobs really mate.

7m a year salary, a club thats been willing to spend close to 250-300m on the squad (albeit spent badly)

I think the chance for Silva has passed.
He tried to act in the correct way, it would appear, when Everton made the approach by constantly requesting for meetings and to be allowed to leave Watford for Everton. Unfortunately that is not the way to get your way, he needed to go public and force the hand of the Watford board.

His desire to join Everton and run of bad results sealed his fate with Watford and Everton.

He had far more hits than misses. How many of our signings in the last 3 years would you say have been successful?

Much easier to scout and integrate players into a settled team with a clearly defined way of playing. Poor appointments are sending us the way of Sunderland where any incoming manager is faced with unsuitable players. Moyes > Martinez > Koeman > Allardyce is frighteningly irrational and adds huge stress to the whole process.

Doesn't matter who we get. the Players aren't interested.

Ignoring formations, tactics and not being bothered about performing will just get the next one fired as well.
It's cheaper to fire the manager than to bin the squad.

Nah, not having that, it's trotted out too easily the players don't care excuse. Players want to play and want to be winning. Look at the overnight change from Walker to Royle, either the players were as you say or Royle brought them a clear understanding of how to play as a unit, managed their individual needs and fostered team spirit. I know which I think happened.

I think the chance for Silva has passed.
He tried to act in the correct way, it would appear, when Everton made the approach by constantly requesting for meetings and to be allowed to leave Watford for Everton. Unfortunately that is not the way to get your way, he needed to go public and force the hand of the Watford board.

His desire to join Everton and run of bad results sealed his fate with Watford and Everton.

What if he acted in the exact way that Everton advised him? There isn't a chance in hell we weren't talking to him about how we can extract him from Watford.

Much easier to scout and integrate players into a settled team with a clearly defined way of playing. Poor appointments are sending us the way of Sunderland where any incoming manager is faced with unsuitable players. Moyes > Martinez > Koeman > Allardyce is frighteningly irrational and adds huge stress to the whole process.

Nah, not having that, it's trotted out too easily the players don't care excuse. Players want to play and want to be winning. Look at the overnight change from Walker to Royle, either the players were as you say or Royle brought them a clear understanding of how to play as a unit, managed their individual needs and fostered team spirit. I know which I think happened.

What if he acted in the exact way that Everton advised him? There isn't a chance in hell we weren't talking to him about how we can extract him from Watford.

Last point you make is why although I'd prefer Fonseca, i would have very little problem if we did get rid of BFS right now and go hire Silva, his 'fall from grace' was very much influenced and precipitated by us and our interest, give him a 3 year contract with us having a two year option to extend on it, get him an actual DoF who shares a similar 'philosophy' and back both of their decisions re who comes in and who goes out.
My own choice would still involve bringing in Arteta as assistant manager to whichever way we went though, someone who does know the club/fans and city, and who is very highly rated/touted for a managerial role down the line.

Last point you make is why although I'd prefer Fonseca, i would have very little problem if we did get rid of BFS right now and go hire Silva, his 'fall from grace' was very much influenced and precipitated by us and our interest, give him a 3 year contract with us having a two year option to extend on it, get him an actual DoF who shares a similar 'philosophy' and back both of their decisions re who comes in and who goes out.
My own choice would still involve bringing in Arteta as assistant manager to whichever way we went though, someone who does know the club/fans and city, and who is very highly rated/touted for a managerial role down the line.

Yeah I'd agree. If he was the right man then he should still be the right man now, as you say it was extenuating circumstances what happened down there.

Arteta very highly rated, would be welcome.

I think I’ve moved firmly into Boy Wonder and Gravel Mouth territory on the next appointment. We don’t need any more temporary solutions like Koeman. So whether Conte is likely (surely not?) or Silva, I’d rather someone who will aim to stay 5 or more years. Not that I’d say no to Simeone or Tuechel (are these even possible?) or even Fonseca, but I think what Everton needs is a Dyche or Howe. Both seem beyond competent, the only question is whether they’re winners or Moyes MK2.

Never in a million will he be anywhere this club after May.
If the board are even thinking of having him next season then I truly will believe that they will be deliberately running the club into the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back