Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely think he is, not saying I want him too but I just dont see him going in the summer, if we get 7th he is %100 staying.

Yeah you might be right mate, he will certainly have quite a strong argument to get another season if he manages to finish 7th. Unfortunately, I think a 7th place finish reflects how poor the standard is outside the top 6 more than anything else.

My instinct is still that he will go, though. We only ever wanted to give him a temporary contract and 18 months was a compromise - probably one we gave on the basis that we'd replace him in the summer and pay him off.

Could be wrong though.

I genuinely think he is, not saying I want him too but I just dont see him going in the summer, if we get 7th he is %100 staying.

Anyway I dont trust this club right now to go and get a decent replacement, but thats another issue I guess
So you think Moshiri is waiting to see where we finish. So 7th he stays? What about if we finish 10th. I’m certain Moshiri will be speaking to mangers and agents. If the opportunity is there to appoint a Fonseca( who’s out of contract) or Silva on a free, who they were prepared to pay 15mil for. I think he will act.

What if he keeps sam in charge and it goes tits up early next season. He will be back to square one, either appointing a manger out of work or trying to get one out of a club. And we know how difficult that is. I know Moshiri has been a bit naive in his first 2yrs, but he’s not stupid.

Apparently when he first approached sam, he offered him a deal to the end of the season. Sam wanted 3 yrs. so the 18months deal is a compromise. Also the rumours about Walsh getting the sack, if he does Sam is gone 100%

Agree with ADT. Until the club is sorted from top down (including DOF) we are stuck in a rut.

I was under the impression that the DOF set (or was told) the style of play the club wanted then the manger fit into that style. Or more importantly bought players to fit that style. The current transfer policy appears random.

Until we get a responsible DOF who knows what he's doing we will struggle to achieve anything other the mediocrity.

Simeone still leading.

I'm shocked after the defensive football seen under Sam most of his time here that another defensive avoid defeat manager would lead the poll.

Football wise his Atletico team are awful to watch,they win 1-0 every week,average a goal a game this season (25 goals in 23 matches) in La Liga,Atletico since he's been there have never been exciting to watch,don't score a lot,don't concede a lot,just efficient and methodical and boring.

Simeone still leading.

I'm shocked after the defensive football seen under Sam most of his time here that another defensive avoid defeat manager would lead the poll.

Football wise his Atletico team are awful to watch,they win 1-0 every week,average a goal a game this season (25 goals in 23 matches) in La Liga,Atletico since he's been there have never been exciting to watch,don't score a lot,don't concede a lot,just efficient and methodical and boring.
Big Fat Sameone

Anyway I dont trust this club right now to go and get a decent replacement, but thats another issue I guess

For sure.

I am dreading the next manager hunt after the circus surrounding the relentless pursuit of Koeman and Silva culminating with us actually going back to Sam after initially rejecting him.

God knows who we will end up with either this coming June or the following one :blush:

Simeone still leading.

......and quite successful.

Boring, winning football we will embrace.

It is boring, losing football we disdain.

A world of difference between Big Fat Sameone and Big Fat Sam ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back