Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
See I'd be fine with a (pre-crook) Allardyce from 15 years ago being given a chance.
He'd have the players and resources to explore playing other ways and learn as he went and would be willing to build a squad and a culture for the long term, knowing he'd likely never have it better.
It's very different from appointing a washed up, short-terming version and expecting him to suddenly learn new tricks when his head's already been on the beach once.
I don't actually think he would you know.

I think one of the biggest problems Allardyce has always had, and one of the reasons he's never been given a job at a big club, is he honestly believes he's brilliant. He's never shown any sort of progression, has never tried to make his teams more expansive, and has never accepted that just staying up is no longer an acceptable target for any of the clubs he's been at. Just look at his reaction to his England sacking, blaming the media rather than just accepting he messed up. He's got a messiah complex, he genuinely doesn't think he needs to change or improve because he thinks he's perfect just the way he is.

I don't actually think he would you know.

I think one of the biggest problems Allardyce has always had, and one of the reasons he's never been given a job at a big club, is he honestly believes he's brilliant. He's never shown any sort of progression, has never tried to make his teams more expansive, and has never accepted that just staying up is no longer an acceptable target for any of the clubs he's been at. Just look at his reaction to his England sacking, blaming the media rather than just accepting he messed up. He's got a messiah complex, he genuinely doesn't think he needs to change or improve because he thinks he's perfect just the way he is.

You may well be right.
Note I said I'd be fine with him being given a chance, not that I thought he'd be a wild success.

Simeone still leading.

I'm shocked after the defensive football seen under Sam most of his time here that another defensive avoid defeat manager would lead the poll.

Football wise his Atletico team are awful to watch,they win 1-0 every week,average a goal a game this season (25 goals in 23 matches) in La Liga,Atletico since he's been there have never been exciting to watch,don't score a lot,don't concede a lot,just efficient and methodical and boring.

34 1-0 wins and 4 nil all draws next season would suit me fine

Emery or Simeone. Think big... if you build it they will come.

Man City started with Mark Hughes and kept him there for a couple of seasons, is Sam Allyrdyce any worse than him ?

For me Fonseca is too big a risk and Dyche, Howe are just more of the same.
If the stadium is going to go ahead, if we are going to keep spending money as we have in the last twelve months , then we would be attractive to just about every manager.

I have this sneaking feeling that Sam was brought in to keep the club ticking over until sufficient progress has been made to be able to go to an elite manager with a realistic chance of him coming.

Further to an earlier post, I researched the guy's surname and it's Pereira - Vitor Pereira. After Moyes left, I recall Pereira having a lot of people on here wanting him to be manager ahead of Bobby. They called themselves 'Team Vitor' and were very keen on him.
I don't know him from a bar of soap but he's foreign and has a sexy wife, so perhaps he's worth a shot?

Further to an earlier post, I researched the guy's surname and it's Pereira - Vitor Pereira. After Moyes left, I recall Pereira having a lot of people on here wanting him to be manager ahead of Bobby. They called themselves 'Team Vitor' and were very keen on him.
I don't know him from a bar of soap but he's foreign and has a sexy wife, so perhaps he's worth a shot?

God no.

Hes really bad.

......and quite successful.

Boring, winning football we will embrace.

It is boring, losing football we disdain.

A world of difference between Big Fat Sameone and Big Fat Sam ;)
Last I heard someone didn’t speak English. Fat boring football and terrible pressers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back