Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't actually think he would you know.

I think one of the biggest problems Allardyce has always had, and one of the reasons he's never been given a job at a big club, is he honestly believes he's brilliant. He's never shown any sort of progression, has never tried to make his teams more expansive, and has never accepted that just staying up is no longer an acceptable target for any of the clubs he's been at. Just look at his reaction to his England sacking, blaming the media rather than just accepting he messed up. He's got a messiah complex, he genuinely doesn't think he needs to change or improve because he thinks he's perfect just the way he is.
Nail on head ;)

I think one of the biggest problems Allardyce has always had, and one of the reasons he's never been given a job at a big club, is he honestly believes he's brilliant. He's never shown any sort of progression, has never tried to make his teams more expansive, and has never accepted that just staying up is no longer an acceptable target for any of the clubs he's been at. Just look at his reaction to his England sacking, blaming the media rather than just accepting he messed up. He's got a messiah complex, he genuinely doesn't think he needs to change or improve because he thinks he's perfect just the way he is.
Spot on mate...Disturbingly average at his very best and people want him here next year! Yikes

Totally agree. The man claims credit for everything that goes well, but accepts absolutely no responsibility when they don't.

Found this quote of BFS talking when he was with West Ham:

It excites me that the emphasis is on trying to win promotion rather than the lack of ambition in the Premier League of, ‘let’s just survive’,” he says. “I can’t bear that, it drives me mad. My life has been about winning, not surviving”.

His “ winning” record up until 2016 and the England job:

Sam Allardyce has managed 965 games for 9 club(s) and has 3 honours to his name.

Honours:

Football League Third Division 1997-98 with Notts County;

Promotion to Premier League 2000-01 with Bolton Wanderers;

Promotion to Premier League 2011-12 with West Ham United.

Cups – 0

What lofty aspirations our board had when they appointed him. What a record!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back