Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think big Sam would do a great job for Everton. He'd bring some much needed stability, make you hard to beat and would most certainly take you up the table.

He knows how to set his teams out, he'll work closely on attack & defending set pieces and would do well for you. Not sure if it'll be possible as he was linked with the USA job recently I think?

With the players at his disposal (Rooney, Sigurdsson and Bolasie) the sky is the limit as to what he could do.

I know he's not a mouth-watering appointment, but he'd be a safe, sensible pick.

The sheer lunacy of anybody even suggesting Moyes makes my pi55 boil!

He is a massive managerial failure.

His goal was always to get the Man U job, he got it and he lost it.

He isn't the fiery Scot who we employed and gave a chance to 15 years ago, he is an over the top, past his sell by date "never has been", who has a look in his eyes like a dog that has just had his knackers whipped off.
To be fair I think it’s more the idea of what David Moyes was at Everton and the job he did for us throughout the 11 1/2 year than what he’d bring now.

When he was everton manager main consensus in the media was that we were nothing without him and that he had us punching above our weight. 13/14 under Martinez saw us gain more PL points then ever before perhaps showing that this wasn’t necessarily true and, combined with Moyes’ failure at United, that maybe he was holding us back. Of course our success didn’t last as Martinez tactics long term are doomed to failure what with not practicing set pieces and lack of defensive Organisation.

To be fair to Moyes he did win 27 of 51 games with united, any British Manager could’ve done badly with Sociedad (see coleman’s Record there) and that Sunderland team were always doomed to fail (look how the same team is doing in the championship).

Moyes said “certain clubs suit players” when talking about pienaar coming back in 2012. Maybe this is true of managers? I don’t know if it’d work here but I agree Moyes seems different in interviews these days. Somewhat neutered. Maybe he’s had enough of it all, maybe he’s now made all the money he needs to and is content with life, maybe he’s realized his ceiling was no higher than everton. I’m not sure.

If we could get the old David Moyes back I’d take it over this current Koeman team. The work ethic, organization, teamwork, blood and thunder games at goodison under the lights, the demonic stares, going mad on the touch line after a goal. Must admit some of those moments were pretty special. Don’t get me wrong there were plenty of bad times too with the bottling of big games and our terrible away record at the big teams. ironically the only big team we’ve won away at since he left was his United team in 2013.

However, I’m not sure that David Moyes exists anymore and I’m not sure what he would bring to the club these days. Maybe it would be like when Kendall came back for the last time in 97/98. Who knows. I’m not sure we ever will as I don’t think he’d get the job again.

It’s not a question of Moyes or Koeman though. The question should be: would you take this current Koeman instead of Moyes. I’m not sure., but it certainly is worth thinking about...

I think realistically Tuchel is the biggest name we could attract. He's fiery and plays good football.

Ancelotti though.. imagine.. :pint2:

I think realistically Tuchel is the biggest name we could attract. He's fiery and plays good football.

Ancelotti though.. imagine.. :pint2:

Both Ancelotti and Tuchel will not come here in our ranking and situation, they will not come here to save us from relegation, no on job managers and no big name managers are willing to come too even though they are free agent now.

No, Just no. Gave us the best of his career then left for CL football. A load of idiots were claiming he was a crab and Fellaini was better anyway. Best i’ve seen in blue in my lifetime.

Wizard of a footballer before his hamstrings gave out yet walked out and left us high and dry at the last minute.

His own goal in the Arsenal 3-0 win under Martinez was the most I've ever celebrated a goal. Then when Baines and Barkley nearly sparked him out, dream land.

79 people opted to select moyes

Wow just wow
Yeah it is ludicrous isn't it, can't people remember the white flag every time he went to Anfield and his knife at a gunfight quote. Arrogant failure. I remember he showed his true side when he sent a reserve to to Anfield and let Gerrard score a hatrick and when Wigan battered us in the FA Cup. I do think with Kenwright there there is always a possibility he'll come back.If they change it, it has to be Unsworth to steady the ship short term.

No, Just no. Gave us the best of his career then left for CL football. A load of idiots were claiming he was a crab and Fellaini was better anyway. Best i’ve seen in blue in my lifetime.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Pienaar
Rooney
Lukaku

all better, despite Arteta being a great player.

I was thinking today what would happen if Joe Royle took charge. What system could he play? It's not like 94/95 when we had 2 big strikers and commanding center halfs. Thinking about it

Pickford = Southall (OK, not exactly, but he's really good)

Baines = Hinchcliffe
Jags < Watson
Keane < Ablett
Martina / Holgate < Jackson

Gueye > Horne
Schneider < Parkinson
Mirallas < Limpar

Sig < Stuart
Rooney > Rideout
DCL < Ferguson

So almost man for man, in my opinion the 94/95 is better than us. That's worrying

For me there is really only one candidate & man who should have been given the reigns ahead of Koeman anyway.

I find the way in which Eddie Howe sets up his teams, has his sides playing, deals with the media, conducts himself at all times befitting of a long term Everton manager.

We've gone for what amounts to wanting instant success with Koeman which is backfiring spectacularly, instead of trying to build in a structured, well thought out way.

The transfer dealings have been nothing short of a calamity, Steve Walsh appears to be in hiding, perhaps still in Italy scouting, who knows?

Forget Ancelotti, Tuchel & Silva ...... Eddie Howe is the man to get us back on an upwards curve but it is going to take time.

It looks in hindsight that RK never really understood Everton & never will, seeing us as a stepping stone to the big job at Barcelona - I've got news Ronald, never going to happen pal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back