Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And so we’ve come to this.
Unsworth, Allardyce and Moyes.
All of the names being discussed most frequently are the kind of names you would expect of a mediocre, habitually mid table club whose main priority is merely to survive in the PL.
And that is essentially what we are and what we have been for nigh on two generations.
What is changing is that we supporters have started accepting the inevitable. We are becoming realists and are finally losing hope for any full restoration of our former status.
We’ve stopped dreaming, which is fully understandable but also slightly sad.

All this really reminds me of Kendall's first spell as manager.

Some good players, just not playing together, not sure what they are even trying to do. Picking Peter Reid in midfield? Past it. Adrian Heath up from? Really! No hope of any improvement the way things are going.

Must be the manager, get rid, get someone else in. Oh, hang on...

The sheer lunacy of anybody even suggesting Moyes makes my pi55 boil!

He is a massive managerial failure.

His goal was always to get the Man U job, he got it and he lost it.

He isn't the fiery Scot who we employed and gave a chance to 15 years ago, he is an over the top, past his sell by date "never has been", who has a look in his eyes like a dog that has just had his knackers whipped off.

He isn't the fiery Scot who we employed and gave a chance to 15 years ago, he is an over the top, past his sell by date "never has been", who has a look in his eyes like a dog that has just had his knackers whipped off.

It's hysterical people Wanting a washed up manager lol

Got ask yourself, if he (Moyes) sent in his CV would you even grant him an interview. The answer for me is absolutely not.

Got ask yourself, if he (Moyes) sent in his CV would you even grant him an interview. The answer for me is absolutely not.

His CV says Preston, Everton, Man U, Real Sociedad, Sunderland.

When you look at it like that it isn't that bad. When you then analyse his results since leaving Everton, it then goes all badly downhill.

And so we’ve come to this.
Unsworth, Allardyce and Moyes.
All of the names being discussed most frequently are the kind of names you would expect of a mediocre, habitually mid table club whose main priority is merely to survive in the PL.
And that is essentially what we are and what we have been for nigh on two generations.
What is changing is that we supporters have started accepting the inevitable. We are becoming realists and are finally losing hope for any full restoration of our former status.
We’ve stopped dreaming, which is fully understandable but also slightly sad.

I wouldn't see Unsy as a longterm solution yet, but for an interim until christmas and then reassess our position I think he is exactly what we need. I do not think Ancelotti, or whoever, would come to a relegation candidate.

We need someone to get the fire into the squad, someone who has the ability to create a team out of dysfunctioning team parts and most of all someone to pick up the confidence of about 90% of the players. The only ones who seem relatively unfazed are the youngsters who have come into the squad; Davies, DCL and Vlasic.

I wouldn't see Unsy as a longterm solution yet, but for an interim until christmas and then reassess our position I think he is exactly what we need. I do not think Ancelotti, or whoever, would come to a relegation candidate.

We need someone to get the fire into the squad, someone who has the ability to create a team out of dysfunctioning team parts and most of all someone to pick up the confidence of about 90% of the players. The only ones who seem relatively unfazed are the youngsters who have come into the squad; Davies, DCL and Vlasic.
Fair enough, but why go to a manager with little or no provenance?
He is essentially a glorified youth team manager with no first team experience at any club. It would be an appointment of the heart not the head and a massive gamble with our future.
I personally wouldn’t welcome or be over enthused by it.

Unsworth will almost certainly get 3 or 4 games minimum anyway as caretaker.

Even if the club are thinking of appointing him formally until the end of the season, they would be foolish to do so now until we can see what he brings and if he is able to stabilise us.

If he is installed as caretaker, the club can use that time to assess other available options.

It's asking way too much of this board to sack Koeman and have his replacement (other than Unsworth) lined up ready for the next game.

Unsworth can have his trial period, lets all hope he succeeds. He then gets it on merit until season end. That's the only extension I would offer, things can then be re-assessed coldly towards season end / in early summer.

Unsworth as caretaker.

Asses options as season is write off now anyway.

If Unsworth does well stick with it.

Go big for a new manager in the new season

Fair enough, but why go to a manager with little or no provenance?
He is essentially a glorified youth team manager with no first team experience at any club. It would be an appointment of the heart not the head and a massive gamble with our future.
I personally wouldn’t welcome or be over enthused by it.

I think it makes more sense letting him step up from within then getting one of the usual Relegation-Houdinis (Big Sam, Redknapp etc) as they do not represent a footballing style I think we are capable of. Let him have the reins until christmas, if we don't steady you appoint someone who will only help us battle relegation, if we steady we can have loftier aspirations and ambitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back