Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva more than likely whether or not Fonseca signs a new contract IMO.

To a certain extent familiarity breeds contempt and the whole Watford thing did not endear me to him as I would liked to have seen him overcome that adversity and steer them through with some results. Instead, having already angered the Pozzos, he made it far easier for them to sack him.

Perhaps his cards were marked anyway after that. He is largely untested, but I like the football his teams play and he would bring a certain vibracy and enthusiasm which we desperately lack. There would also be a certain amount of pressure on him to be able to fulfill a contract so in the event he did better than expected, that would be to our advantage.

If he is not in the running when and if WBA and Soton jobs come up; then he is odds on for us I think.

I don't want a return to Sin Miedo and Martinez, but I do want a certain degree of positivity nonetheless, and heavy doses of pragmatism and commitment to improve.

Silva not my first choice, but not bad either and we will not have a wealth of options.

I think the fans would be patient actually with anyone with an ounce of managerial talent. We’ve had 3 duds in a row. Any manager who can buy well, tactically flexible, plays attacking football and isn’t a complete bell in press conferences wouldn’t have to do much to look good.
The thing is the first season with Koeman wasn't really a dud of a season. We all had very high hopes this past summer and thought it was going to be an even better season. Then it all just fell apart. Koeman was great last year but something happened this year that threw everything off.

We’re currently the biggest poisoned chalice and I find it incredibly frustrating.

It’s ok to want the best but not require each new incumbent to constantly jump through hoops, only to berate them when they have the slightest slip.

NSNO still applies if we have a bit of pragmatism while the ship is steadied
That is what I am most worried of, that people are going to be extremely hard on anyone and not give them a chance if they make any mistake... I feel like they would have to go unbeaten.

It's not to say he won't sign a new contract but that wasn't the real WRD1878 posting on the TEF forum, if he was to sign a new contract it would seem strange since he wants to manage in the premier league and since Shaktar blocked our last approach what's to say they wouldn't do so again if he signs, so it's in his best interests not to sign and have a look at his options in the summer

Do you think wenger is still capable of instilling that winning mentality though? The blokes 70 odd, I'm not being ageist or anything but surely there comes a time when your knowledge and experience of something starts to wane with age and he is becoming increasingly less relatable with his players. The other day he was in a presser talking about taking his trousers off.

The longer and longer wenger goes on the more he seems to cut an isolated and beaten figure to me, maybe that's just him at arsenal but maybe it's him in the game. He's clearly stayed there too long. I do admire his stubbornness in wanting to stay to achieve something with them and he's obviously one of the best managers in league history.

I'm just not sure if he has that pull and charisma he used to have, arsenal have lost a number of big name players in recent years and the ones they bring in are seemingly less sought after by other clubs in the first place. Saying that I'm positive any new signing would be more allured to EFC where they to be meeting arsene wenger and a glass of somewhere exotics finest than Sam and his incessant chomping on a piece of Wrigley's with accompanying dribble marks.
He's 68. I'd say he still has a couple of years with something to offer to a different club. Remember Bobby Robson going to Newcastle at a similar age ?

Anyway it's probably all rubbish and he'll end up staying there. We need to get someone in this May if not before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back