Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we lose on Saturday, we have to move fast and install a new man in the dugout. I think we're fortunate for once having an international break coming up to let a new manager come in and have time to assess and pick teams to face Liverpool and City...and at least one of those games could be interesting if we went in with a new manager boost.

No question on Allardyce this week: win that game or he's out, because there will be pandemonium if we dont secure three of the "easiest" points we have for the rest of the season.

You will hear the boos in Wigan if we lose on Saturday Dave.

The Mosh might even hear them from Monaco.

:coffee::coffee::coffee:

I was onboard for Silva, then Watford fell off a cliff, im aware of the mitigating factors as to why, mainly us, but he had his chance, he could have said 3 magic words to the press and he would be our manager now, the 3 words would have been "I want Everton".

Then theres his club hopping ways, a trait he shares with my first choice Paulo!

I dunno mate, currently I dislike him.

As to what I would do, results would determine that, anything less than a win on Saturday and I would prolly P45 the clown, then sadly I would re-appoint Unsy. But thats me, if Mosh really wants Silva then as soon as we sack Sam appoint Silva, but there will a few managers moving clubs in the Summer, if "we" have doubts about Silva, we should probably wait till the summer when hopefully we will have slightly more choice, sadly The Mosh gets played by Agents and prolly thinks we have a chance with a Diego, an Emery or even a Conte, we have ZERO chance of appointing even a Paulo IMO, so in that case, Silva would be the "best" choice.

TL;DR
I hate the rat for not making more fuss, ironically, sack Sam if we dont win on Saturday, even if we appoint Jimmy Martin.

At least with Jimmy Martin in charge we'd look nice and smart when we get relegated.

I think Silva didn't kick up a fuss because he didn't want to come across as a bed hopping sweaty Betty but in hindsight he's probably thinking he should have. I certainly wouldn't have held it against him that he fancied a chance at managing Everton and I actually respect him that he did try and keep his own opinion on that and not rock the boat as much as some might have done.

True there will be top managers available this summer but I firmly believe that just isn't happening. Man Utd job could be free ( Jose to PSG), Chelsea job could be free, Arsenal job will be free, Spurs job could be free ( if Madrid went after Poch).

I think there will be a top manager merry go round but we won't have a ticket for that ride unfortunately

If we lose on Saturday, we have to move fast and install a new man in the dugout. I think we're fortunate for once having an international break coming up to let a new manager come in and have time to assess and pick teams to face Liverpool and City...and at least one of those games could be interesting if we went in with a new manager boost.

No question on Allardyce this week: win that game or he's out, because there will be pandemonium if we dont secure three of the "easiest" points we have for the rest of the season.
If we lose to Brighton I fear how we are going to pick up any points, I will completely write off our away games as losses, because why not? that leaves us with Brighton Liverpool and City at home.

I too agree that the trigger may be pulled with defeat on Saturday. There follows a run of games where it will be hard to pick up a single point.

Either way we will probably not be mathematically safe until three games to go at best. It could get worse.

Brighton looks to be our biggest game in many years now.

If we lose to Brighton I fear how we are going to pick up any points, I will completely write off our away games as losses, because why not? that leaves us with Brighton Liverpool and City at home.

Brighton, Newcastle and Saints at home and possibly away from home Huddersfield and Swansea we could nab a point. They are the games I'd be looking at to get our 6/7 points from ( if Allardyce is in charge )

An attack minded manager who realises we are turd at the back so let's go and try and win games instead would probably have us finishing 8th at worst.

Under this dinosaur, yes. That's why it has to be the case that he's punted at 5 0'clock on Saturday if we fail to pick up the points in order to give us a chance to secure the 8 points or so that'll defo give us safety.

Silva more than likely whether or not Fonseca signs a new contract IMO.

To a certain extent familiarity breeds contempt and the whole Watford thing did not endear me to him as I would liked to have seen him overcome that adversity and steer them through with some results. Instead, having already angered the Pozzos, he made it far easier for them to sack him.

Perhaps his cards were marked anyway after that. He is largely untested, but I like the football his teams play and he would bring a certain vibracy and enthusiasm which we desperately lack. There would also be a certain amount of pressure on him to be able to fulfill a contract so in the event he did better than expected, that would be to our advantage.

If he is not in the running when and if WBA and Soton jobs come up; then he is odds on for us I think.

I don't want a return to Sin Miedo and Martinez, but I do want a certain degree of positivity nonetheless, and heavy doses of pragmatism and commitment to improve.

Silva not my first choice, but not bad either and we will not have a wealth of options.
Silva plays exciting attacking football but that leaves his teams vulnerable at the back and prone to conceeding a lot. We'd need a strong back 4 and bar Coleman our defence is crap. Even park the bus Allardyce can't keep clean sheets.
Williams, Jags and Baines are past it. Mason's still developing, FM always looked error prone and Keane has performed consistently poorly possibly due to low confidence but he may simply not be very good. Silva's style would surely nessitate buying at least 2 quality defenders, maybe 3 otherwise it would be a huge, though exciting, gamble.

I like Emery, unlikely to come here but he will leave PSG on a downward curve in his career so that would leave a small chance. That's the only type of scenario we would get a big name - someone who has just come off a failure and looking to reboot. He is not going to be attractive to elite clubs and hard to see where he could go in Spain now. Not likely but we could ask the question.

I don't see why it's unlikely. We've got the money for him to see us as interesting project and he definitely was interested last time.

As you said, none of the top clubs will want him so what better offers is he likely to get? Would he want to go back to Spain and manage a mid-table side with little money because he won't get a job bigger than Sevilla if he does. Germany? Bayern I imagine will want someone they feel can win them the CL and won't want a manager coming off two years of failure in that competition. Dortmund have recently changed manager already so that's out. Italy? Inter are a mess who anyone in their right mind would swerve. AC Milan recently appointed Gattuso who is doing well. Juve? Doubtful he'd land that and why would they want to swap Allegri anyway? Another PL club? Chelsea are apparently trying to get Ancelotti back, Arsenal haven't got a clue what they're doing in regards to Wenger and the other jobs are taken.

He should be very high up on Moshiri's shortlist, I'd start putting the feelers ASAP.

Rumours are hes signing a new deal with Shaktar.
Serenity Now !!

fakenews-alert.gif

Silva plays exciting attacking football but that leaves his teams vulnerable at the back and prone to conceeding a lot. We'd need a strong back 4 and bar Coleman our defence is crap. Even park the bus Allardyce can't keep clean sheets.
Williams, Jags and Baines are past it. Mason's still developing, FM always looked error prone and Keane has performed consistently poorly possibly due to low confidence but he may simply not be very good. Silva's style would surely nessitate buying at least 2 quality defenders, maybe 3 otherwise it would be a huge, though exciting, gamble.

Silva with this squad and we go down, we havent got a defense worthy of a defense as it, add him into the frame and forget it

Can we just get rid of the BFS now and get someone else to watch over the team till the end of this horrific season of torment?
Unsy
Ferguson
Royle
Shakespeare
Lil’ Sam
Arteta
Gareth Barry
Rooney
Someone out of the Street End
A total stranger

Under this dinosaur, yes. That's why it has to be the case that he's punted at 5 0'clock on Saturday if we fail to pick up the points in order to give us a chance to secure the 8 points or so that'll defo give us safety.
I along with most didn’t want Allardyce but I supported his appointment to the end of the season, however it looks like the uncertainty of his future is having an effect and something needs to change.

Allardyce is one of them but I think we have bigger much deeper problems and whilst I like the idea of Arteta in some romantic way, I know you don’t have to slate me for that. But I don’t think he is the answer I actually don’t know who has the answer to sort out problems but I think manager up to the board needs a shake up. I was opptomistic about the Moshiri era beginning I’m fast becoming bewildered at what is going on, bring back Bill with no money and looking for Everton’s billionaire search!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back