Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say you talk to your target or his agent first to see if he’s interested , then ballpark wages and conditions
Then you make a bid , they refuse , you up your bid , they accept , you fill in the blanks on the contract and it’s done ( a player needs a medical obviously)

Basically, yeah.

If we lose on Saturday, we have to move fast and install a new man in the dugout. I think we're fortunate for once having an international break coming up to let a new manager come in and have time to assess and pick teams to face Liverpool and City...and at least one of those games could be interesting if we went in with a new manager boost.

No question on Allardyce this week: win that game or he's out, because there will be pandemonium if we dont secure three of the "easiest" points we have for the rest of the season.

Bang on.

Shakhtar play next Tuesday also in the CL and if they go out then we should stack all our chips on Fonseca.

If not, Silva would be a very nice appointment still.

Legally or not, we still spoke to him on the basis that we believed we were going to have our offer of 22-million-plus accepted.

That is commonplace in football. Happens with every deal. You bid, you 'illegally' speak to the player/agent, you agree terms, you finalise your offer to the selling club and then you purchase the player.

That’s news like.....I never did we didn’t, what I said was that imo he’d have jumped at it, for the reasons I stated. His interviews at the time back up this view, as he point blank refused to refute the rumour. Watford was the reason we never landed him imo, not some issue over terms with Silva.

That’s news like.....I never did we didn’t, what I said was that imo he’d have jumped at it, for the reasons I stated. His interviews at the time back up this view, as he point blank refused to refute the rumour. Watford was the reason we never landed him imo, not some issue over terms with Silva.

Mix of both, really.

They saw their arse when he told them, twice, he wanted out. He wanted clauses in his contract that pertained to staying in the league and then further on in the years following - like he had at Hull - which, of course, we wanted no part of.

Depends mate, my own thinking on it, would be as follows.

IF we wanted Silva as badly as it seemed then now he is available we should go out and get him unless one thing happens, a manager who system/style wise plays very similar - but who is a better version of him has become available.

So for arguments sake, Fonseca stock has risen hugely the last 3-4 months, he plays attractive football as does silva, both play similar systems, etc, then yeah can see the reasoning behind that move

IF we suddenly went and hired a Dyche, LVG style manager - defensive orientated etc then it would scream out we have absolutely no clue as to what direction we want to take the club.

As i said earlier though, we could have gotten Fonseca and chose Silva as the one we wanted back in October, obviously since then each man has gone in different directions, but being willing to pay 15m or whatever and all the bad press that came with trying to prise Silva out of Watford, it seems odd that we end up going for someone we could have gotten with little of the fuss, with none of the mess thats come with going for BFS as manager etc.

and honestly just shows that we either have too many cooks in the kitchen or possibly we have a crazy Iranian chef in charge.

The issue with Silva may be termination options, that may expire in the summer.

I also think, unfortunately it would be a very bold move for a side in a dogfight. To sack a manager who has never been relegated to get one who has just been relegated in the middle of a dogfight would be very odd. I can't see a world it happens, but as you say Moshiri seems to act in a kneejerk left field manner so nothing is impossible.

You also have to factor in, that Silva would have it all to lose and little to gain from coming in now. A likely hammering against City & the Derby. I can see why he'd rather sit it out, allowing Allardyce to take the flak before having a summer to work on things.

An astute club would have worked out who they want (Fonseca/Silva) agreed a deal in principle, already have them looking at players and evaluating videos of our team, and hopefully in early discussions with a DOF who would be doing much the same. We'd likely make an announcement as soon as we get to 42 points/are mathematically safe that SA will be removed.

That's the logical course of action. However I have my doubts we will do this.

With PSG going out last night and reports coming out that Zidane will take up the PSG post next season, I would be interested to know if Unai Emery would become an option again.

I'd still take Silva. He won't be the first or last manager to struggle after getting his head turned. Watford played some truly brilliant stuff at the start of this season.

Reactions: ADT

Bang on.

Shakhtar play next Tuesday also in the CL and if they go out then we should stack all our chips on Fonseca.

If not, Silva would be a very nice appointment still.
I also think that's more a possibility because any shift to Unsworth to see the season out would emphatically underline how screwed up the club is: that they could return to a man who they deemed unworthy of the job four months back. And they cant give it to Ferguson because a) he's clueless, and b ) it' d be a huge slap in the face to Unsworth.

I sincerely hope an outsider right now is being primed and ready to go from Sunday/Monday next week if we lose on Saturday, and that means Silva imo.

The issue with Silva may be termination options, that may expire in the summer.

I also think, unfortunately it would be a very bold move for a side in a dogfight. To sack a manager who has never been relegated to get one who has just been relegated in the middle of a dogfight would be very odd. I can't see a world it happens, but as you say Moshiri seems to act in a kneejerk left field manner so nothing is impossible.

You also have to factor in, that Silva would have it all to lose and little to gain from coming in now. A likely hammering against City & the Derby. I can see why he'd rather sit it out, allowing Allardyce to take the flak before having a summer to work on things.

An astute club would have worked out who they want (Fonseca/Silva) agreed a deal in principle, already have them looking at players and evaluating videos of our team, and hopefully in early discussions with a DOF who would be doing much the same. We'd likely make an announcement as soon as we get to 42 points/are mathematically safe that SA will be removed.

That's the logical course of action. However I have my doubts we will do this.

as you say mate, it's clear as day what we should have or shopuld be in the process of arranging for the summer, but 'this is everton' springs to mind so god knows...

I also think that's more a possibility because any shift to Unsworth to see the season out would emphatically underline how screwed up the club is: that they could return to a man who they deemed unworthy of the job four months back. And they cant give it to Ferguson because a) he's clueless, and b ) it' d be a huge slap in the face to Unsworth.

I sincerely hope an outsider right now is being primed and ready to go from Sunday/Monday next week if we lose on Saturday, and that means Silva imo.

There is no one at the club capable of taking on the role as a temporary basis until the seasons end, Unsworth had his legs cut from under him last time and can't see him being able to command respect after that, Ferguson - unless it's pigeons then wouldn't want him anywhere near being in charge of anything.

any of the Big Fat Sam crew - Shakespeare/Lee, not a prayer want them shut with Sam.

Which leaves us having to go for a permanent appointment such as Silva (which if he isn't first option is us settling for plan B without trying for plan A so to speak), sticking with Sam till seasons end - a slight risk as remember what happened at West Ham when he realised/was told he wasn't getting an extension and he effectively mailed in his management for the last 5 months of the season. or bringing in someone connected to the club in either Rooney (short term player manager role - gulp!) - really don't like that idea, or Arteta - which gives him a taste of the role, gets his profile higher - but doesn't tie him to us or us to him for a longer term appointment - not sure if that works either.

Option Z - give Martinez a ring see if he will take a dual role as Belgium manager and manage us the last part of the season - yes Dave i am trolling a bit there :)

We would need to offer a great deal to Fonseca as he will be in demand and I'm not sure Moshiri will as he has been burnt on Koeman and shortly on BFS to the tune of millions. We are not the most patient fanbase and if it started badly for Fonseca then the calls for another change would begin. So, another massive payout, this on top of the £300 million layout on mainly crap players who we will never get anywhere near our ,money back on and certainly no profit. Fonseca would obviously want money to build the team and I can see a situation where we go with someone who are asked to make the most of the current squad with some additions, just hope its not BFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back