Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very optimistic.

We have a stadium to get funding for. Do you think it makes it easy to attract funds when the club is dancing on the trap door?

Everton need minimum 8 points to be seen to avoid being look like a basket case that could constantly be in relegation fights in the coming seasons.
So 4 more points than the 4 needed for safety would have a direct impact on our stadium funding?

Ok mate lol

More than enough
It might be enough orly, but for this club to finish 15th/16th/17th would be just short of a disaster and I think it'd have major repercussions for player recruitment, not to mention undermining the confidence of the organisation for seasons to come...oh, and impact on confidence of moving forward with a costly stadium.

More than enough

should be mate, but when the points per game is heading only one way, then it's not a good sign.

Look at our remaining fixtures, effectively write off the derby and city games as well we know this manager will do so, you are then left with 7 games we go into trying to get a result, and all 7 of those games come against teams currently below us in the league and 4 of those 7 are away.

Don't get a win this weekend, we are left with 6 games - 4 of those away all against teams fighting to stay up.

Very very big game this weekend for us.

should be mate, but when the points per game is heading only one way, then it's not a good sign.

Look at our remaining fixtures, effectively write off the derby and city games as well we know this manager will do so, you are then left with 7 games we go into trying to get a result, and all 7 of those games come against teams currently below us in the league and 4 of those 7 are away.

Don't get a win this weekend, we are left with 6 games - 4 of those away all against teams fighting to stay up.

Very very big game this weekend for us.

We could stay up on 34 points mate ezpz

Errrm mate we haven't averaged even close to 1.5 points per game under Allardyce, 15 games 19 points = 1.26 ppg.

More worrying would be the fact that 10 of those 19 came in his first 4 games in charge, so since that initial 'bounce' (2.5 points per game) - we have had 9 points in 11 games - 0.8 points per game, last 4 games - 3 points from 4 games - or 0.75 points per game.

Interesting comparison is that first 14 games of the season before we hired Sam - we had 15 points from 14 games, averaging 1.1 points per game. BFS would need 6 points out the next 4 games to be averaging the same points in the last 14 games as we did in the first 14 which saw us sack one manager and deem another not good enough.

Looking at this season, we aren't being saved by us hiring Allardyce at all, we are gonna stay up due to the effect a new manager bounce had on the complacency amongst the squad (13 points in a 5 game period surrounding the announcement and appointment of a permanent manager)

Just looking at the current trajectory of points per game, we are on target to get about 6 points from the remaining 9 games.
My bad, 1.29 is the official number, we need 4 from 9, and?

Funny thing is - that any manager worth his salt can get this team up for playing City, hell even Koeman managed it, they are basically the polar opposite of the Koppites for this squad and we normally turn up against them.

However having a manager who will tell them to save themselves for the 6 pointers should ensure a good 5 goal drubbing...
It`ll be nothing more than a training game for City.

They`ve won the league, so we can hope that they may start taking their foot off the gas and concentrating on the Champs League.

Sorry, but that`s the only positives I can find about that game.

My bad, 1.29 is the official number, we need 4 from 9, and?

and...

Well and i guess you are assuming that 38 is guaranteed to keep you up - when it isn't (especially with our goal difference 38 is effectively 37)

You are also assuming that a downward trajectory of points return doesn't get any worse.

The way this team looks and the lack of bottle, i wouldn't take anything such as being able to gain 4 points (minimum) would be guaranteed almost

It`ll be nothing more than a training game for City.

They`ve won the league, so we can hope that they may start taking their foot off the gas and concentrating on the Champs League.

Sorry, but that`s the only positives I can find about that game.

Guardiola sides don't start taking the foot off the gas normally mate, least think he tends to keep them going till the last game normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back