Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
and...

Well and i guess you are assuming that 38 is guaranteed to keep you up - when it isn't (especially with our goal difference 38 is effectively 37)

You are also assuming that a downward trajectory of points return doesn't get any worse.

The way this team looks and the lack of bottle, i wouldn't take anything such as being able to gain 4 points (minimum) would be guaranteed almost
37 points has been the average to stay up for the last 21 years mate

So yes I am assuming 38 will be enough given the current table

No problem with 38 to stay up. The big problem is how to avoid it next year. Only a wild pessimist would assume Sam will be here after this season but who would the board entrust to take it on? Probably one of those sacked recently. Silva's good looks are very popular with some, which might compensate for his lack of managerial ability. He would certainly shut up those on here with a tendency to highlight physical defects when abusing the manager.

No problem with 38 to stay up. The big problem is how to avoid it next year. Only a wild pessimist would assume Sam will be here after this season but who would the board entrust to take it on? Probably one of those sacked recently. Silva's good looks are very popular with some, which might compensate for his lack of managerial ability. He would certainly shut up those on here with a tendency to highlight physical defects when abusing the manager.
Until Everton stresses Silva out so bad he looks and acts like this:

l5QZJkY.gif

37 points has been the average to stay up for the last 21 years mate

So yes I am assuming 38 will be enough given the current table

Aye mate, but normally there is two teams way adrift by this stage and a more spread out league, right now it's concertinad and it makes it a very unusual season to be taking any points as a safety margin for granted.

Aye mate, but normally there is two teams way adrift by this stage and a more spread out league, right now it's concertinad and it makes it a very unusual season to be taking any points as a safety margin for granted.

True, but Stoke won’t get 10 points from their 9 games. They have city, Spurs, arsenal and RS plus away to Swansea.

Palace and Soton will also struggle. 40 points is safe and we’ll get them I think, even though I think Saturday will be a draw.

I think that's alarming for the reason you mentioned elsewhere: you EXPECT a new manager boost to hand you a number of points (which, as you rightly said, we got), but the fall away has been dramatic. Martinez's figures are for a manager struggling under the weight of erratic form for two seasons and who's team could see it was the end of the road for him, so results cratered toward the end of his reign. Allardyce doesn't carry that weight with him, but he;s doing almost equally badly over the period he's been here.

I honestly see us getting 1 point from the next 12 available. That will put us on the edge of the abyss. Those on here who are sanguine about getting the points to get us safe are simply not studying the runes very hard.

First time I've ever seen sanguine on GOT. Well fumed, Davek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back